Furry Experience - Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inspections Arc

+16
Legalien
Slim Shadow
Pikachao
Kynos argos
Charvale
THE COLONEL
JeffCvt
Sarah_TV
Trevor_Fox
Mr Ed
Latrans
LeonMcBane
kanna172003
Cutekitty
The J.A.M.
Ellen-Natalie
20 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Inspections Arc - Page 3 Empty Re: Inspections Arc

Post  Charvale Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:07 am

Cutekitty - You make several very valid points, and quite a few of them I hadn't even considered while posting. Being a father of two girls myself, I too feel a desire to protect them from everything out in the world that could harm them, or possibly affect their lives in a negative aspect. With everything I've seen on the internet (and in the world at large) it seems that no age (or even gender) is safe from negative "unwholesome" influences, so I can actually see the point of Cat's mother wanting to keep track of her daughter's safety and well-being. My only real worry was how her parent's perceptions and preparations for their daughter's future might have an effect on Cat's own abilities to cope with growth and difficulty as a young woman.

Kanna - I will be dreading that day! Cat's mother might consider her figure drawing class to be "unwholesome" due to Cat being required to stare at a nude male for several hours a day, but even that might pale in comparison to Dawn's and Brian's relationship. The fact that Dawn seems to be constantly getting hurt (while with her boyfriend) could spark outrage for an "abusive" relationship. Cat's mother sounds like the type to be just as protective of her daughter's friends, as well as Cat. Honestly, it's all a Catch-22 regardless of what situation arises with a protective (or overprotective) parent. Oh! and I love the Avvie! =^_^= It's just too adorable!

Charvale

Back to top Go down

Post  Kynos argos Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:54 pm

As a model for art classes I can say that I hope that Hunter understands that sometimes it is just best not to mention what his day job is. It took me a while to figure that one out. Some people really do not understand that there is nothing sexual (at least in my experience) about the job. Cat's Mom seems like she could easily be one of those people.

Kynos argos

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:36 am

I gotta say, I've loved reading all your evaluations about Cat and her parents-thanks for taking the time to write them out ^^ You guys are awesome!

Inspections Arc - Page 3 857e45e73eBIn
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Charvale Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:03 am

Is it just me, or does the look on Mrs. Pudelhund's face on the second to last panel scream "I am not amused"?
=O.O=

Charvale

Back to top Go down

Post  kanna172003 Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:22 am

Shame, the landlady was almost friendly in the first panel until Ronnie said that.
kanna172003
kanna172003

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:42 pm

Well, of course. Ronnie's pulled a beautiful bait-and-switch on Mrs. Pudelhund.

First, my read on Mrs. P still holds. She likes to hold her position over others, as well as any other leverage she might pick up. She's friendly with Cat because she enjoys using her parent's hovering nature against her.

When Mrs. P blatantly embarrassed Cat, Ronnie played along. This encouraged Mrs. P to flaunt her 'better-than-thou' personality. Ronnie, of course, used the opportunity to take the conversation and completely switch it, catching Mrs. P completely off guard.

On the one hand, it's always nice to give someone a verbal jab and let them know that they'd better watch what they say lest it come back to bite them. On the other, Mrs. P certainly does seem the type to both hold a grudge and use her position against those she doesn't like.

Hopefully Ronnie will be able to check herself enough to avoid giving Mrs. P any concrete ammo and Dawn will have the wherewithal to counter any moves Mrs. P makes.
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikachao Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:45 pm

oh Ronnie, it'd probably be better for you if you had kept her in a better mood
The little hovertext asked to bring any questions here: what does FVU stand for (Utah Valley related?) and how close are the two colleges?
Pikachao
Pikachao

Back to top Go down

Post  Slim Shadow Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:37 pm

Well, first off, Fur Valley University and Furry Young University are two schools in the FE-verse based on two universities in the real world. (hint hint)
Slim Shadow
Slim Shadow

Back to top Go down

Inspections Arc - Page 3 Empty UH OH!!!

Post  kanna172003 Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:56 am

I just thought of something really bad! What if Mrs. Pudelhund finds Cat's figure drawing assignments she was handed back during the inspections and reports them to Cat's parents?! O_O
kanna172003
kanna172003

Back to top Go down

Post  LeonMcBane Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:51 am

Oh good, now we'll find out a little more about this mysterious "Balcony"
LeonMcBane
LeonMcBane

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:45 pm

kanna172003 wrote:I just thought of something really bad! What if Mrs. Pudelhund finds Cat's figure drawing assignments she was handed back during the inspections and reports them to Cat's parents?! O_O
Kanna; I think you just hit on a biggy!

"But, Mom; I drew it with my eyes closed!"
cat

Mr Ed

http://Iron-Ed.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:27 pm

I agree with Mr Ed, Kanna, that would definitely be pretty bad. O_O I'm kinda hoping that Cat keeps those filed away somewhere, though, so that Ms. Pudelhund would really have to go out of her way to snoop around and find them.

Nice character analysis, Latrans. You're right, she does seem to like lording it over others and flaunting her authority (and perceived superiority; something smells a bit like narcissism). In the case of her friendliness towards Cat, though, it may not have been a conscious desire to exert her ability to make Cat feel uncomfortable. It may have been a more subconscious aim, or it may have actually been pure obliviousness.

I also agree with everyone who's said that Ronnie needs to be careful with those jibes. Ms. Pudelhund may try to find an excuse to not pass them now.
Cutekitty
Cutekitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:40 am

Inspections Arc - Page 3 B68c951990RDL

*wonders just how many rooms Mrs. P will search before agreeing there's no balcony* Rolling Eyes

Alternatively...

*wonders just how the girls will react when Mrs. P shows them the balcony* Twisted Evil
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Inspections Arc - Page 3 Empty Uh...

Post  kanna172003 Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:55 am

If she knew they had been receiving the wrong instructions for a long time and knew they had a balcony then why didn't she say so in previous inspections?
kanna172003
kanna172003

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:54 am

Latrans wrote:...*wonders just how the girls will react when Mrs. P shows them the balcony* Twisted Evil
You mean that window ledge thingy?

alt.txt: "What we have heah, is a -fail-yuh to communicate." Smile

Mr Ed

http://Iron-Ed.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:08 am

more.alt.text: "Some dogs you jus' can't reason with."
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:37 am

kanna172003 wrote:If she knew they had been receiving the wrong instructions for a long time and knew they had a balcony then why didn't she say so in previous inspections?

Ms. Pudelhund is a very busy manager, and doesn't have time to inspect every apartment each month. The task is usually divided up between herself and her assistants. The only managing task Pudelhund trusts entirely to herself is collecting and depositing rent.

And thanks for posting the pic, Latrans! I kinda konked out early last night ^^;
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  JeffCvt Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:21 pm

My prediction for the next comic:

1st pannel:
Ms. Pudelhund: Alright, let's see that balcony.

2ed pannel:
Dawn: Ms. Pudelhund, we don't have a balcony. We never have.

3ed pannel:
Ms. Pudelhund: That's nonsense. It's right there. *Points to the balcony*

4th pannel:
Girls stare blankly at it.

5th pannel:
Cat: How have we never noticed it before?
JeffCvt
JeffCvt

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:31 pm

Well, color me confused. Is it possible to live somewhere and not be aware of the existence of a balcony in that living space for months? I find it rather unlikely. So is Ms. Pudelhund mistaken? That's what I'm tempted to think, considering that, according to Ms. Natalie, she's a "very busy manager"; I mean, she doesn't even bother to learn most tenants' names. On the other hand, I can't shake the feeling that there really is some weird secret "balcony" that may or may not actually resemble a balcony.

Ahhh man, curiosity is once again killing the Cutekitty.
Cutekitty
Cutekitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah_TV Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:27 pm

How can one have a Balcony on the Ground Floor? A patio, yes. A Balcony? No.
Sarah_TV
Sarah_TV

Back to top Go down

Post  Charvale Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:59 pm

The looks of the girls on the last panel made me think that one of them might have to say this; "Your inspecting ways are new to us. Please, what is this "balcony" you speak of?"
=^_^=
I wonder if Cat has some sort of ledge thingy outside of her window, and just never noticed before?

Charvale

Back to top Go down

Inspections Arc - Page 3 Empty THE BALCONY????

Post  THE COLONEL Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Lesssee- Apt A-8... ground floor, on right as you enter the hall [no outside door, in Utah? Brrrr!] , bulding on corner... the "balcony" would be the sidewalk????? So the girls are supposed to sweep the side walk??? And shovel the snow in winter??? Fun!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol!
THE COLONEL

Not to mention the security question of an outside door on a ground floor apt.. If there is one, I hope it is made of armor plate, with Very Good [multiple] Locks. In this day and age, Welded shut might be wise, although a heavy duty crash bar might be required by the fire code.
WCJ
THE COLONEL
THE COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:25 am

The setup of the girls' apartment is inspired by my own apartment when I first moved out. (Any readers who are living at College Terrace? Anyone?) While there was no guard, (or that great of locks), there was a balcony for nearly every apartment.

Inspections Arc - Page 3 C52fda0fd5UjE
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  The J.A.M. Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:57 am

Well, now we know who's going to pay the fine...
The J.A.M.
The J.A.M.

https://www.fanfiction.net/~thejamakanumbuhi

Back to top Go down

Post  kanna172003 Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:02 am

Uh oh. Why would anyone have a compost heap in an apartment?
kanna172003
kanna172003

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum