Re: Inspections Arc

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Fri May 17, 2013 4:03 am

Ellen-Natalie

View user profile http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty on Fri May 17, 2013 8:15 am

*hums* You've got a friend in me~ You've got a friend in meee~

Cat has used Accusation! It's incurred Ms. Pudelhund's wrath!
Ms. Pudelhund used Scary Face! It's drastically lowered Cat's confidence stat!
But Ronnie and Dawn used Power of Friendship! It's restoring Cat's confidence stat!
The Power of Friendship and Accusation attacks have combined into Logical Argument against Ms. Pudelhund! It's... we don't know exactly, yet!

*ahem* Yeah, uh, I just got up. But anyway, it's great to see how Cat's friends are backing her up; I especially love how Ronnie's right at Cat's back both figuratively AND literally, which I really think helps to drive the point home. And, of course, the three are right in their argument against Ms. Pudelhund. It's like school--most good teachers grade on the quality of the work. They don't just hand out A's for effort because then, everyone could get A's without truly mastering the material. Ms. Pudelhund's work clearly has not merited an A, no matter how much time she spent on it. She needs to figure out how this oversight happened and seek to correct it to improve the quality of her service.

'Course, whether she needs to and whether she will are two entirely different matters, and the latter one's still up in the air, if you ask me. Razz
Cutekitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  THE COLONEL on Fri May 17, 2013 10:15 am

Now things get "interesting". Mrs. P is NOT taking opposition well at all. Why am I NOT surprised? Re. comments about petty bureaucrats and small minds. The problem is confronting her on this is not going to solve their problem, just make it worse. Unless she shows more flexibility than has been exhibited heretofore, which doesn't fit with what we have seen so far. What is more interesting is Ronnie being "sweet and reasonable". Shocked Surprised As I said, "interesting". THE COLONEL
PS. Ms. Kitty.. It ain't just up in the air. it's somewhere about LEO, if not synchronous orbit. Laughing WCJ
THE COLONEL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Charvale on Fri May 17, 2013 10:44 am

Very interesting...

Cat managed to bring out her claws only when Ms. Pudelhund wasn't looking directly at her. The moment she started to feel intimidated, she started to close up again. It was only when Ronnie and Dawn helped to stand up for her, offering their own self-confidence into the mix, that she actually raised her chin a little.

I love how it shows Cat starting to back up, and Ronnie standing behind her, not letting our favorite feline back down. To be honest, she has made a valid point in her defense of the apartment's inspection. Considering that I've had to conduct, and stand, inspections for rooms/apartments/etc. over the course of eight years and more, I find that Ms. Pudelhund's disregard for how many times she's missed an "obviously important" part of the inspection for so long is questionable.

Getting a failure on an inspection because of something attached to the girls' apartment that has never been inspected since Ronnie and Dawn had moved in would make me question Ms. Pudelhund's business practices, because it sounds almost like she's intentionally trying to fail them in order to get more money. Shocked Could that be it? Is she losing money because her tenants are all college kids? Does she have to keep prices low in order to adhere to the charter for the school?

If so, then by trying to fine her tenants for something that she's never inspected before, she's committing fraud, and could lose more than just money. She could lose her job, her business, and possibly be put in jail, or even prison for that type of thing. Normally, tenants would just pay a fine rather than argue with their landlord, out of fear of getting evicted, but here I feel the girls have a valid reason to question Ms. Pudelhund.

Last edited by Charvale on Fri May 17, 2013 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed a couple of words.)

Charvale

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Slim Shadow on Fri May 17, 2013 11:06 pm

This is very riveting stuff... It feels like I'm watching a Phoenix Wright game, and Cat is just about to give a big

Slim Shadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed on Fri May 17, 2013 11:47 pm

Cutekitty wrote:...But Ronnie and Dawn used Power of Friendship!...

and Friendship is Magic!!!

TEAMwork! TEAMwork! TEAMwork!

I love you Smile I love you Smile I love you

Mr Ed

View user profile http://Iron-Ed.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Fri May 24, 2013 1:35 am

Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Fri May 24, 2013 2:28 am

"Hey, kid! Where you running to with that bucket?"
"The school's on fire!"
"Wait! You don't expect to put out a building fire with a bucket of water, do you?"
"It's not water. This is petrol!"
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty on Fri May 24, 2013 8:12 am

Latrans wrote:"Hey, kid! Where you running to with that bucket?"
"The school's on fire!"
"Wait! You don't expect to put out a building fire with a bucket of water, do you?"
"It's not water. This is petrol!"

Ahahahaha... I guess if something's going to go down, it might as well go down in a blaze of glory.

Anyway, no matter the consequences (though I DO want to see the consequences, of course), I love what's happening on this page, particularly Cat's expression shift at the end. That look just speaks VOLUMES. It looks like she's going to attack (verbally) again, stand up for something she considers precious, and this time, I don't think she's going to falter. And I look forward to seeing that, even if it means incurring Ms. Pudelhund's wrath, because that poodle REALLY needs to be taken down a peg or two.

I still have no idea if Ms. Pudelhund has any sort of supervisor or anything else to give Cat some heavy ammo or not, but somehow, I believe this will turn out okay for the FE girls in the end. Even if it means getting evicted and having to find a new place to live.
Cutekitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kanna172003 on Fri May 24, 2013 10:08 am

There's a word to describe people like Ms. Pudelhund but I have enough decency not to say it.
kanna172003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5/24

Post  THE COLONEL on Fri May 24, 2013 10:36 am

1: Ms. P---10 years as an apt. manager hasn't taught her anything about People management. And this makes it clear that she is the manager, not the owner. Therefore, there is a "higher" that she has to answer to. Hmmmm.
2: The girls.. Mt Ronnie is boiling, but not exploding, yet. Dawn is trying to be nice and "reasonable", which is obviously not working.
But Cat is standing there quietly boiling. Methinks that Mt. Cat is going to pull a Mt. St. Helens, and go positively nuclear if Ms. P continues on this path. Ms. P would do better to consider that long walk off Saltire's short pier. It might be safer. And we still haven't found out just who actually owns the Apt. complex? Just for giggles, Ronnie's' Dad????? Laughing Laughing
3:Then there is the problem of the Trash pile/ compost heap. Who is going to do the clean-up? Assuming that there will be a cleanup?
The girls? Ms. P? The S.L.C. fire dept. Hazardous response team? And what happens if Cat continues to document the pile/heap as a project, and turns it in to one of her classes, as an extra-credit project? Then there is the outré vision of it being declared an archeological site and the university puts in a request for funding for a "dig", with all the fun and games that that would bring....ROTFL!!!!! Oh, this is gong to be fun for the readers, but not so for the girls, and hopefully especially, NOT for Ms. P!! I hope.
THE COLONEL
PS. Just what do the girls parents do for a living, anyway??and have we met Dawns Dad yet? Don't remember. Ronnie's is a 'single parent'[reasons unexplained, unless I missed something] and Cats' are 'well off' , source unknown, and not really necessary, unless.... WCJ
PPS. Kanna.. I don't think that that term is all that unprintable.. Ms. P is a female canine, after all Laughing The Colonel
edit--I forgot #75[pg. 66] where Dawns dad and brother show at the hospital to visit Mom. That situation is just plain rough. Crying or Very sad Sad WCJ

Last edited by THE COLONEL on Sat May 25, 2013 1:50 pm; edited 6 times in total
THE COLONEL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Charvale on Fri May 24, 2013 12:03 pm

... and there's the fall-back of managers the world over when they clearly have no leg to stand on in a disagreement.

Personally, I think it would be perfect if the apartment complex was owned by Cat's father (or a friend of his), and by the look on Cat's face she might just be throwing all of her recent flashbacks together to come up with a similar conclusion. Even if it's not, I utterly love the look that Cat is giving in the last panel, because it's the beginning of the "I've had enough!" speech.

Charvale

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed on Sun May 26, 2013 6:30 am

Cat's thinkin' hard! The first and last panel expressions are especially good. I like the sincerity in the third panel too. cat I love you

Mr Ed

Back to top Go down

Post  Krysta on Sun May 26, 2013 10:53 am

This whole arc is reminding me very very much of my own college experience. We too had contracted apartments rather than any sort of dorm life, complete with the monthly inspections. Our particular rules, if you fail an inspection, you get a week to clean it up, or else they hire a maid service to do it for you, at your expense.

Only problem with that, two of the apartments I lived in (they seemed to delight in moving some of us around as roommates graduated or otherwise left school) had problems like "stains in the carpet." They'd come in, inspect, find the stains and send the service. The cost gets added to the rent, no choice. Old and deep stains, though, the service fails to get out. So next month....

Well, suffice to say that we quickly got very adept at arranging furniture and "staging" things like in-progress board games.
Krysta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Mon May 27, 2013 2:20 am

Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  The J.A.M. on Mon May 27, 2013 8:52 am

Golly....
The J.A.M.

View user profile https://www.fanfiction.net/~thejamakanumbuhi

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty on Mon May 27, 2013 9:01 am

...That... that is pretty good ammo. And it is essentially self-created; Cat constructed the journal herself (though not with this purpose in mind!) and, apparently unable to rely on another figure of authority to stop Ms. Pudelhund, has called upon the only weapon she has: the truth. The beauty of it is that sharing the truth, even if it makes public a mistake on Cat's part, will bother her /far/ less than it will bother the landlord who not only has an ego the size of Arkansas but also needs to maintain a decent reputation to keep her business afloat. Bravo, Cat. You're brilliant. (And so is your author.)
Cutekitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed on Mon May 27, 2013 9:52 am

Grab that alternative while you have the chance, Pudelhund; Cat's being nice to you!

Mr Ed

Back to top Go down

Post  Charvale on Mon May 27, 2013 1:02 pm

My compliments to Cat. That was inventive, intelligent, and brought out in a clearly defined manner. In the end, she didn't get mad and start raising her voice (save for a little forceful announcement about the lack of evictions) like Ms. Pudelhund, but she did give her a reasonable offer about how to fix the mess, and if the manager starts going back on her word... the press is a wonderful thing.
=^_^=
If Cat wasn't always so scared of men, I'd give that young woman a hug.

Charvale

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NovaNocturne on Tue May 28, 2013 7:21 am

Now if Pudelhund actually did evict them, that would make for a huge story arc I'd imagine. I'm just guessing though that she won't. But Bravo Cat for the character growth and the comradery from Dawn and Ronnie (our belovedly aloof rabbit in particular). I love how Pudelhund is redirecting fault to Cat whereas SHE should have inspected the apartment inbetween tenants. So again, that darn poodle is at fault.
NovaNocturne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  THE COLONEL on Tue May 28, 2013 10:06 am

The question is... if Ms. Cat were to "blow the whistle" on Ms. P, who or what would she blow it to? Cat is being entirely too reasonable here, unless... I have always wondered about Ms. P's overly familiar relationship to Cat, as to the other two girls. Which makes me think that Daddy owns the building???? Or, at least, is "upper management" in who or what ever owns it. That would give Ms. Cat a lever here. It is also possible that Ms. P, though managing apts. for 10 years or so, is new to this particular building? If she was long time in the job, vs. a. vs, this one, then she would be really remiss in her duties. In either case, score one for Cat, and one down for Ms. P. Ms. P would be well advised to take the offer, as I think Cat has more metaphorical ammo in her pocket here. The "fallout" will be "interesting". And just how the girls are going to react to Cats' exhibition of "political" muscle here will also be .... ummm. instructive? Stay tuned Fans," film at eleven" , Laughing Laughing Exclamation THE COLONEL
THE COLONEL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor_Fox on Wed May 29, 2013 12:30 pm

You go Cat! =D
Trevor_Fox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:30 am

One page to go before this arc ends!
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:37 am

Oh gee. Mrs. P's face in that last panel. "Do you have any idea how much I hate you right now?"

Dawn and Ronnie's expression changes between when Mrs. P is and isn't looking at them are pretty darn good too.

And yay for Cat character development! Very Happy
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor_Fox on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:00 am

My favorite part is when Cat holds up the pen after Dawn mentions getting what Mrs. Pudelhund said in writing.
Trevor_Fox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum