Furry Experience - Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inspections Arc

+16
Legalien
Slim Shadow
Pikachao
Kynos argos
Charvale
THE COLONEL
JeffCvt
Sarah_TV
Trevor_Fox
Mr Ed
Latrans
LeonMcBane
kanna172003
Cutekitty
The J.A.M.
Ellen-Natalie
20 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Inspections Arc - Page 6 Empty Re: Inspections Arc

Post  Mr. Cardinal Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:29 am

What a twist! Exclamation
Mr. Cardinal
Mr. Cardinal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:42 am

Studied? Made a field journal? Whoa, not what I was expecting, but.... That sounds AWESOME!

And it could potentially save their butts from the fine. Other folks on here have been saying that if that compost heap's been there from day one and it's not the current tenants who put it there, than rightfully, it's Ms. Pudelhund who should accept the blame. Of course, whether she would is still questionable, but showing her that documentation of the compost heap might make a difference.
Cutekitty
Cutekitty

Back to top Go down

Post  THE COLONEL Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:13 pm

cheers Laughing Laughing Ms. Cat truly has a different world view. love it!! And this will help when the girls have to bump this problem "higher" up the admin food chain. Ms. P is not the last level by a long chalk. Though I still feel that that long walk at Saltaire would not be undeserved, preff with lead boots, but I have a very low opinion of this kind of bureaucratic horse malarkey. And just what kind of tale is Dawn spinning to keep Ms. P around while this is going on? THE COLONEL
THE COLONEL
THE COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post  Kynos argos Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:52 pm

I am in full agreement that this will serve as evidence against Mrs. P. I'm relatively shocked that Cat took studied and logged information about the compost heap. That is incredibly strange and it seems a little out of character for an art person. Of course, Cat is full of surprises so I should probably expect the unexpected with all things involving her.

Kynos argos

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:16 pm

I don't find it particularly strange. It's something new and different, but (being an unobtrusive part of her new environment) safe to study.
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:52 am

Inspections Arc - Page 6 1138867f4Yglt
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:14 am

I so very much need that second panel on a t-shirt. So very very much!

Also, I'm loving the dynamic posing. This page and your recent GELF page are quite excellent.
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:32 pm

Ditto what Latrans said. The large figure of Cat running superimposed a bit over the other panels, along with her expression, the eyes panel, and Ronnie's startled expression at Cat suddenly taking off... well, me likey! Very Happy Same goes for Imperial GELF; I love the effect with all the black, grey, and firelight coloring. It looks so cool!

Also, yay, Cat and her field journal to the rescue! ...Maybe. I'm giving it a 99% probability, and the 1% is just the general "technically, anything can happen until it has actually happened" percent I like to factor in.
Cutekitty
Cutekitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:12 pm

Quick! Into a nearby phoneboo- ..uuh ...bathroom. Out comes SuperCat to Save the Day!!!

Mr Ed

http://Iron-Ed.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Charvale Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:16 pm

Why do I have a feeling that our favorite gray kitty managed to photograph another tenant, or (possibly) someone who worked for the place was responsible for dumping all of the leaves and stuff onto their balcony?

Charvale

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Cardinal Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:41 pm

This may be the most dynamic scene yet! Shocked
Mr. Cardinal
Mr. Cardinal

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Fri May 10, 2013 2:57 am

Inspections Arc - Page 6 Fde403301kydM
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  kanna172003 Fri May 10, 2013 5:17 am

We finally get to see Cat's mom's face!!!! Very Happy
kanna172003
kanna172003

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty Fri May 10, 2013 5:37 pm

kanna172003 wrote:We finally get to see Cat's mom's face!!!! Very Happy

Oh my gosh yes! Is it just me, or does she have beautiful eyes? I also love how the entire flashback doesn't reveal her face until that point--until Kitty tells Cat to look straight at her. It gives that moment more of an impact.

On another note, I wonder if there's going to be some elaboration on the statement in that last panel. It can be taken in a multitude of different ways and could be interpreted to have a lot of layers of meaning. Like it could refer to Cat not really living by herself in the sense that she won't be entirely unsupervised. But--and this is my preferred interpretation as of right now--it could also refer more to not living as an island. Not thinking you have to face everything alone.
Cutekitty
Cutekitty

Back to top Go down

Post  THE COLONEL Fri May 10, 2013 10:40 pm

Note, the figure in the left side of the last panel does not look like mom. I think that is ms. P. Wrong hair style, for one. And Mom looks a little , umm, taken aback by Cats' question. wheels within wheels. THE COLONEL Question Question
THE COLONEL
THE COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty Fri May 10, 2013 10:59 pm

THE COLONEL wrote:Note, the figure in the left side of the last panel does not look like mom. I think that is ms. P. Wrong hair style, for one. And Mom looks a little , umm, taken aback by Cats' question. wheels within wheels. THE COLONEL Question Question

Yep, that's Ms. P. in the last panel all right. And yes, Kitty looks a bit surprised, perhaps, but I think there's more concern than anything else in her gaze. And with the way that statement is framed in the box as opposed to a speech bubble in the last panel, combined with the fact that Ms. Pudelhund has been presumably talking to (or being stalled by, rather) Dawn this whole time and Cat is just now re-entering the room, I'm inclined to think that though the last panel has shifted from the flashback to portray the current situation, the text in the box is what Cat is remembering her mom saying on the day of that flashback. ...Although I'm not 100% sure if you were actually suggesting otherwise or not; if not, then this explanation of my interpretation is probably redundant. x)

At any rate, me likey the blending of the flashback memories with the current reality in the comic. And the expressions. All the expressions. As usual. Smile
Cutekitty
Cutekitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed Sat May 11, 2013 1:27 am

CuteKitty is right; Mom is subtle! I think that final comment is referring to Cat not growing up to be a lonely, old cat-lady!

Mr Ed

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikachao Sat May 11, 2013 10:35 am

cat has trouble with eye contact? me too! I wonder if this is a thing I just haven't noticed through the whole comic or if it's just with her mom.
Pikachao
Pikachao

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Sun May 12, 2013 11:53 pm

Inspections Arc - Page 6 66baf898ajvgz
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Inspections Arc - Page 6 Empty CAT??!!

Post  Charvale Mon May 13, 2013 12:09 am

Did... Did her claws just come out verbally?!
=O.O= Shocked =O.O=
Seriously, I've never seen Cat raise her voice unless she was running away from something... and the fact that their landlord's just turned and glared at the young girl just makes me wonder what is going on.

Charvale

Back to top Go down

Post  kanna172003 Mon May 13, 2013 12:23 am

Charvale wrote:Did... Did her claws just come out verbally?!
=O.O= Shocked =O.O=
Seriously, I've never seen Cat raise her voice unless she was running away from something... and the fact that their landlord's just turned and glared at the young girl just makes me wonder what is going on.

I think this arc may just be where Cat proves that she is able to stand on her own feet
kanna172003
kanna172003

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah_TV Mon May 13, 2013 2:01 am

*SQUEE* You Go Cat!
Sarah_TV
Sarah_TV

Back to top Go down

Post  NovaNocturne Mon May 13, 2013 8:21 am

I have a feeling this is going to be a fantastic piece of character development for Cat.
No doubt this isn't going to end well (it would seem inplausible to escape some sort of reprimanding and negative consequence IMO), but that I think would really seal Cat's outburst into a bit more of a character who can stick up for herself. *coughcough*iblameronniesinfluence*coughcough* Very Happy
NovaNocturne
NovaNocturne

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty Mon May 13, 2013 2:14 pm

OH MY GOSH GO CAT! Very Happy

Charvale, I know what'cha mean. Cat's usually not one to be confrontational like this. I think her verbal claws came out maybe ONCE, in that arc where Ronnie insulted her art classes and Cat shot back a comeback about running in circles for grades--and then they switched places for a week for Dawn's sociology project--but even then, she didn't initiate, did she? It was much more of a defensive response. This time, she's actively seeking out and starting the confrontation, which is really kinda cool to see. As kanna172003 and Tesseri have said, it looks like Cat's becoming a stronger, more assertive character, or at least showing more of that side of her here. Yay character development!

As for Ms. Pudelhund's glare, I think she's mostly just surprised and insulted by Cat's accusation. I mean, there could be more going on under the surface for all we know, but that's how I read it.

I can't wait to see how this whole thing pans out!
Cutekitty
Cutekitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed Mon May 13, 2013 10:16 pm

This is gonna be good! (...fixes popcorn...)
Now; either Cat's mom is going to be upset with her for accosting Ms. Pudelhund like that, or Cat's going to find out, from her mom, that Ms. P. has been overstating her involvement all along. Either way Mom is going to feel good about Cat learning to stick up for herself and her friends. Dad's going to be just plain proud!
I love you

Mr Ed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum