Furry Experience - Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Called to Change

+16
Legalien
NovaNocturne
Scottytheman
kanna172003
Trevor_Fox
Amulek
Mr. Cardinal
Mr Ed
Banjo(Auz)
Pikachao
jubedi
Slim Shadow
Cutekitty
Latrans
The J.A.M.
Ellen-Natalie
20 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Called to Change - Page 4 Empty Re: Called to Change

Post  Ellen-Natalie Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:41 pm

Just want to thank everyone for sharing their reactions, thoughts and experiences concerning this latest arc without being hurtful to other forum members! <3 Sometimes I worry about how FE comics may generate negative debates among readers, but you guys always reassure me with your thoughtfulness and efforts to be polite. ^^ Thanks for once again proving how awesome FE fans are, and I hope you continue to enjoy the rest of the arc Very Happy 
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:40 am

I think that the (rather passionate) responses to this arc are a wonderful indicator of just how much we love and care for the cast of FE. Really it says a lot about how well written the comic is.

I haven't had a chance to sit down and properly respond to some of the posts for a couple days, so I apologize if this seems a bit tacked together.

Cutekitty wrote:Shocked Oh my, I hope I didn't get overdo it. It's, ah... yeah, writing's something I dearly love and have some strong opinions about. ^^;
Not at all. Your wall-o-text was a perfect example of the "rather passionate responses". I may not be one for long posts, but I do read and enjoy them.

The J.A.M. wrote:Is this also because in this universe, rabbits are thought to be very promiscuous?
I refer you to a this comic, specifically the last two panels. While this shows that such a stereotype may exist, it is just that: a stereotype. Consider that Hayden is also a rabbit and would therefore know from experience that this is the case and act accordingly.

Legalien wrote:Trust me, I have friends who are members of other faiths than the LDS faith, and friends who are in the LGBTQ crowd
<snip>
At the same time, you're always welcome to ask me questions about my beliefs and lifestyle, and I'll ask you when I have questions about your beliefs and lifestyle if you're comfortable with me doing so' policy when dealing with anyone else.
<snip>
Wow, sorry. That kind of turned into a rant.
First, "Q"? I'm familiar with the LGBT bit, but not the Q.

Second, as a true atheist (in the sense that I believe there is no higher power of any kind and not some kind of "grudge against God"), I'm more than happy to have your exact same stance to people of other beliefs and questions about mine.Cool

Lastly, there's no need to apologize. This is an arc that hit very close to home for you. As I responded to Ms. Kitty, I do enjoy reading rants like that. In my honest opinion they bring a lot to good conversations.

Ellen-Natalie wrote:Just want to thank everyone for sharing their reactions, thoughts and experiences concerning this latest arc without being hurtful to other forum members! <3 Sometimes I worry about how FE comics may generate negative debates among readers, but you guys always reassure me with your thoughtfulness and efforts to be polite. ^^ Thanks for once again proving how awesome FE fans are, and I hope you continue to enjoy the rest of the arc Very Happy
Well, our VERY sincere thanks to you for providing us with the seed to have these discussions. Also, "rest of the arc"?! Oh em gee! I honestly figured "Good wind-down with friends" was the end. I am ever so excited to know what more is planned! *practically bounces in anticipation*
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Cardinal Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:37 am

Tesseri wrote:I'm guessing Hayden isnt back from his mission yet, but considering the time frame of this comic... it would almost seem that he is due home any time... >_>
I hope we get closure on them, but I really hope their friendship isn't done for. No
Mr. Cardinal
Mr. Cardinal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:42 am

Aaw, I'm gonna echo Latrans and say thank you, Ellen-Natalie, for providing such a beautifully drawn and written comic for us to discuss! And I thought this was the last page of the arc too; now I'm really curious to see what's coming next!
Cutekitty
Cutekitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Scottytheman Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:18 pm

First time on the forum and I'm surprised myself to see the community for this comic so active and willing to discuss about the story arcs. That's really awesome compared to other webcomics. Nice to be a part of this Very Happy:D
Scottytheman
Scottytheman

http://scottyartz.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:05 am

Called to Change - Page 4 3b6c04c30ZNBV
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  kanna172003 Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:14 am

Actually, it would be nice since if those three go off on missions then Vikki gets the apartment to herself XD
kanna172003
kanna172003

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:40 am

Firstly! I'm glad you like it here, Scotty! We're glad to have you!Cool 

Now for the comic.
I sense impending conflict... Once again, this could go so many different ways I don't know where to start.

In more detailed news, Helen (the equine for those who don't remember) seems the only one of the three to have noticed that Vikki isn't in a festive mood.

Also, it would seem that Cat isn't the only one who enjoys the chance to "attend church in [their] pajamas".
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Cardinal Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:44 am

The Horse-Girl seems most concerned. pale (She's my favorite of the trio)

Didn't she want to get married have a family? I don't think she likes the idea of all the men going off to be missionaries. Rolling Eyes
Mr. Cardinal
Mr. Cardinal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:10 am

Mr. Cardinal wrote:The Horse-Girl seems most concerned. pale (She's my favorite of the trio)

Didn't she want to get married have a family? I don't think she likes the idea of all the men going off to be missionaries. Rolling Eyes
She can marry when the missionaries come back, though. =P Plus... let's see... ahh, on page 202, she says she "can't wait for Henry to become an R.M. Writing letters isn't the same as an actual date," so I think she already has a boyfriend who's currently out on a mission. If she's hoping to marry him someday, any change to the missionary age requirement won't affect his return. I don't think Helen's upset by the news (she has a pretty genuine-looking smile on her face in the second panel) so much as curious or concerned about Vikki. You're right, though, that of the three, she does appear to be the only one looking a bit concerned in that last panel.

I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes!
Cutekitty
Cutekitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:56 am

Oh dear. I'd forgotten about that Henry bit. Hiven Helen's propensity towards being a worrier the news of what happened to Ronnie likely won't sit well at all. That is assuming, of course, that Vickie spills the beans despite her friends dislike of that bit of her life being shared.
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  Scottytheman Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:08 pm

I wonder how she's gonna respond to all that, lol.Laughing 
Scottytheman
Scottytheman

http://scottyartz.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:44 pm

LOL!  I had thought the preview of those last two panels was filler!Rolling Eyes Laughing

Mr Ed

http://Iron-Ed.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:24 pm

Called to Change - Page 4 B87f15e4fnO9v
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:59 pm

DAT FACE. In the second panel. With THOSE EYES. Paired with THAT DIALOGUE said in THAT. WAY. I love it. Laughing 

And I'm curious to see what the girls' responses are, too.
Cutekitty
Cutekitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:13 am

Except for the overly anxious about getting married, I begin to wonder if Helen is the only one in that group with more than half a functional brain. Rolling Eyes Smile 

Mr Ed

Back to top Go down

Post  Serious Table Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:14 am

Ellen, decided to take the time to address this to you directly, though I'm sure one Altar/Gnarled Rose already conveyed this to you:

This latest arc?

Those FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS.

How dare you make me feel those feels with your feel-making writing. In all seriousness, very well done, very close to home. You do such a great job.
Serious Table
Serious Table

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Cardinal Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:21 am

I really like Squirrel Girl's curvy tail... and her curly hair.

I'll admit that back when these characters were introduced I really didn't like them. Now I want to know more about them. bounce
Mr. Cardinal
Mr. Cardinal

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:47 pm

Called to Change - Page 4 Bba7d580fRGxy
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Slim Shadow Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:35 am

Gaspeth! Leaving the mountainous, hilly, and salty-lakey confines of Zion? What heresy this mare is considering.

As a Mormon outside Utah (and the US of A), I really found that there is always a zion close by wherever you go. It doesn't matter where these ladies are called to, there will be a warm congregation to welcome them.

I kinda feel for Helen too. I bet she's one of those people who just can't stand the uber-conservative nature of the state of Utah that make a more liberal thinker like me unsettled.
Slim Shadow
Slim Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Amulek Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:41 am

Am I the only one who found Vikki's facial expression amusing?

Whelp... Perfect material for my new avatar.
Amulek
Amulek

Back to top Go down

Post  Amulek Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:57 am

Slim Shadow wrote:I bet she's one of those people who just can't stand the uber-conservative nature of the state of Utah that make a more liberal thinker like me unsettled.
Someday... I want to make an extreme trip to Utah. And I don't mean climbing on those gorgeous mountains in the desert, but living among the Mormon people. I want to experience what is it like to live among the LDS people in Utah.
Amulek
Amulek

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:06 pm

Amulek wrote:Someday... I want to make an extreme trip to Utah. And I don't mean climbing on those gorgeous mountains in the desert, but living among the Mormon people. I want to experience what is it like to live among the LDS people in Utah.
Sorry, Amulek-that's gonna require some climbing and hiking. It's one of the most popular extra-curricular activities for BYU students. Smile
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  hikaru Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:03 pm

Ellen-Natalie wrote:
Amulek wrote:Someday... I want to make an extreme trip to Utah. And I don't mean climbing on those gorgeous mountains in the desert, but living among the Mormon people. I want to experience what is it like to live among the LDS people in Utah.
Sorry, Amulek-that's gonna require some climbing and hiking. It's one of the most popular extra-curricular activities for BYU students. Smile
Been there . They're nice people. When the guy I was traveling with told them we were from Independence MO, they practically fawned all over us. (Didn't have the heart to tell them I wasn't Mormon).

Nice folk. I wouldn't mind stopping out there again on my next epic road trip. =^_^=
hikaru
hikaru

http://www.ImperialGelf.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:10 pm

Helen; just point out to them that getting out of Utah gives you so much more opportunity for spreading God's word!

Helen has the prettiest eyes!

Mr Ed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next