Furry Experience - Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modest is Hottest?

+13
NovaNocturne
Mr. Cardinal
laughingbanana
LadyKaden
Pikachao
Trevor_Fox
Aray
kanna172003
Mr Ed
The J.A.M.
Latrans
Cutekitty
Ellen-Natalie
17 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Modest is Hottest? - Page 9 Empty Re: Modest is Hottest?

Post  Latrans Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:03 pm

William the walrus? Penelopy the platipus? Carman the chamelian? Razz
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:02 pm

Rubin_West wrote:Also just a note: Using deduction, and hints from Mrs. Natalie, I am guessing Chad's species is a Chipmunk! It's wonderful to see all the different types of furs in this comic! *ahem* That is, if I have guessed correctly.

Yes, Chad is a chipmunk! Invisible awesome brownie points to whomever can record Chad's dialogue in a chipmunk voice!
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Modest is Hottest? - Page 9 Empty Challenge Accepted!

Post  Rubin_West Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:11 pm

Now if I can figure out how to embed this.. here.. thingy... erf....

Chad Chippy

-Rubin.
Rubin_West
Rubin_West

Back to top Go down

Modest is Hottest? - Page 9 Empty Page 379 Sneak Peak

Post  Ellen-Natalie Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:30 pm

Rubin_West wrote:Now if I can figure out how to embed this.. here.. thingy... erf....

Chad Chippy

-Rubin.

Very Happy Rubin, you have proven worthy of the Invisible Awesome Brownie points bestowed upon you. Use them wisely! Very Happy

Also, next sneak peak is up:

Modest is Hottest? - Page 9 10665187_732839453455111_4842992230355493528_n

Page 379: This arc officially has more smooches than any other story arc.

Also, even though the latest page created some heated debate, everyone was still polite and respectful - you are all AWESOME! Invisible Brownie points for all!
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Rubin_West Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:47 pm

Yay Me! I'll just put those invisible points right here, and... wait oh NOOOOOEEESS! tongue lol!

Hee hee! Now we need to guess what Jacob's species might be... HMMMMMM Question

Smootches are fun for the comic! Reminds me of a furry-ish Archie comic!

... okay, I'm Old.... LOL farao

-Rubin.
Rubin_West
Rubin_West

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:48 pm

Ellen-Natalie wrote:Very Happy Rubin, you have proven worthy of the Invisible Awesome Brownie points bestowed upon you. Use them wisely! Very Happy
Aww... Rubin got to it while I was still at work. Doesn't mean I won't still try when I get home, of course! Very Happy

Ellen-Natalie wrote:Also, even though the latest page created some heated debate, everyone was still polite and respectful - you are all AWESOME! Invisible Brownie points for all!
Yay! Invisible brownie points! Now I just need to figure out where the invisible exchange counter is so I can turn them in for an invisible brownie. Very Happy
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  kanna172003 Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:39 pm

Chad's a chipmunk?! I thought he was a cat!
kanna172003
kanna172003

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyKaden Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:49 am

Let's see... Jacob looks canid and starts with a J.... Jackal. Jackal is my guess.
LadyKaden
LadyKaden

Back to top Go down

Post  Rubin_West Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:17 am

LadyKaden wrote:Let's see... Jacob looks canid and starts with a J.... Jackal. Jackal is my guess.

I was thinking the same thing... Preview is only giving us a little detail *groan*... DARN ANTICIPATION!!! Laughing

-Rubin.
Rubin_West
Rubin_West

Back to top Go down

Post  Rubin_West Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:26 am

*Ahem* If I may be so bold as to ask...

When I recorded Chad's squeaky voice, I purposefully left the pauses in the conversation where Mariah would speak.
I would like to make a request for anyone who would like to fill in the Mariah part please.
I do hope I am not requesting out of turn... pale

If this happens, I could also mix the two cuts together to really make this thing really crazy, and might sound like a fairly real conversation!

In fact I would love to see a FE as an animated Cartoon! Crazy I know. drunken

-Rubin.
Rubin_West
Rubin_West

Back to top Go down

Modest is Hottest? - Page 9 Empty Page 379

Post  Ellen-Natalie Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:32 am

Modest is Hottest? - Page 9 8bdcd08dbavRU
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Slim Shadow Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:48 am

Rubin_West wrote:*Ahem* If I may be so bold as to ask...

When I recorded Chad's squeaky voice, I purposefully left the pauses in the conversation where Mariah would speak.
I would like to make a request for anyone who would like to fill in the Mariah part please.
I do hope I am not requesting out of turn... pale

If this happens, I could also mix the two cuts together to really make this thing really crazy, and might sound like a fairly real conversation!

In fact I would love to see a FE as an animated Cartoon! Crazy I know. drunken

-Rubin.

Well, I had this idea for a while, but I was thinking about making a dub. The only problem was that I needed women for the role, and since the forums are mostly men (, I felt that there was a hurdle in finding woman voices to fit the primary roles. But I definitely have something in mind on what each character sounds like.
Slim Shadow
Slim Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:55 am

LadyKaden wrote:Let's see... Jacob looks canid and starts with a J.... Jackal. Jackal is my guess.

I think somebody called it. Laughing

Anyways, on the topic of a dub/radio play/animation... I'm still going to work on that recording, but haven't gotten it done specifically because I'm going to ask my daughter to voice Mariah and, unfortunately, homework and chores come first. Maybe this weekend. Cool
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  NovaNocturne Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:36 am

Mariah is starting to come across a little gratingly to me. Probably because some of my friends are exactly like her. Haha but I love em nonetheless.

I think it makes total sense that Mariah would be dating another rodent, but I am wondering if if cross species relationships are viewed in any particular way. Like perhaps conservatives would think dating outside one's species is very unacceptable (which would make me think that since Mariah is dating a chipmunk that it might be her little way of having some freedom but not stepping too far over the line. Heaven forbid she date any animal that would originally be a mouse's predator right? haha!) Or how a something like a mouse and a cat would work in a relationship, if it wasn't something along those lines.

Jacob sure looks happy. That tail! Funny thing, his design reminds me of a particular wolf (the guy's fursona) that I've met in Utah. XD
NovaNocturne
NovaNocturne

Back to top Go down

Post  Rubin_West Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:53 am

Mariah, and Chad are experiencing a typical confrontation of a youthful relationship, albeit with a Utah bent.
I was lucky to have received a very wise counsel when I was young. Date, date, date, and date! Different people!
If you "glom" onto the first person you meet you might find you have very different outlooks and goals, and at the end the breakup
will be more painful. If you are, for lack of a better term, Fickle, and don't immediately give your heart to the first person you meet,
you'll be more likely to find someone you are most compatible with simply by trial and error. In saying this I don't mean people should be shallow in their relationships, but to take it slow and just have fun friendly encounters with no pressure to start with.
Again showing my age, people used to "Court" and dating was seen as just a way to go out and have fun. For example the beach boys song "I Get Around" found in the lyrics: "None of the guys go steady cause it wouldn't be right. To leave their best girl home now on Saturday night." Dating was not serious until you went "Steady" with someone. Of course sometimes your heart doesn't follow logic, and the culture has changed quite a bit.
Now, while I pity Chad a bit at this point, I cannot condemn Mariah for sticking to her standards, and her plan for her life.
I think her outlook is a bit myopic, and inflexible, but as others have stated earlier she is young, and her upbringing, and local culture have influenced her to be this way. Sadly it seems, their goals and standards are so different to the point of perhaps being irreconcilable.
*Sigh*
I mean: C'Mon The Chipmunk Just wants some SUGAR baby! lol!

-Rubin.
Rubin_West
Rubin_West

Back to top Go down

Post  Rubin_West Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:01 am

Tesseri wrote:Mariah is starting to come across a little gratingly to me. Probably because some of my friends are exactly like her. Haha but I love em nonetheless.

I think it makes total sense that Mariah would be dating another rodent, but I am wondering if if cross species relationships are viewed in any particular way. Like perhaps conservatives would think dating outside one's species is very unacceptable (which would make me think that since Mariah is dating a chipmunk that it might be her little way of having some freedom but not stepping too far over the line. Heaven forbid she date any animal that would originally be a mouse's predator right? haha!) Or how a something like a mouse and a cat would work in a relationship, if it wasn't something along those lines.

Jacob sure looks happy. That tail! Funny thing, his design reminds me of a particular wolf (the guy's fursona) that I've met in Utah. XD

He does look happy! Very Happy

The extra-species relationships are sorta there.
So far in the comic we have a Doe and Lamma Diana, and Louis friends, but maybe more.
We also have a Canid, and Feline with Cat and Hunter. (maybe...)
I am not sure that's what you had in mind though.

-Rubin.
Rubin_West
Rubin_West

Back to top Go down

Post  Rubin_West Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:05 am

Latrans wrote:

I think somebody called it. Laughing

Anyways, on the topic of a dub/radio play/animation... I'm still going to work on that recording, but haven't gotten it done specifically because I'm going to ask my daughter to voice Mariah and, unfortunately, homework and chores come first. Maybe this weekend. Cool

That would be great Latrans! If you get someone younger for Mariah's voice I could get my son to re-record Chad's voice for a bit more consistency. He's a burgeoning drama student, and would love the opportunity. Unless you meant She and You would make a complete recording, that also would be great to hear!  Smile

-Rubin.
Rubin_West
Rubin_West

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyKaden Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:17 pm

Um, um. Searching, searching. I could've sworn there was something I saw on someone saying something on someone being in an almost inter species relationship. Could've sworn it was about Cat and Hunter... .... Fugitet. *tosses papers*

If anything, there is a stigma if we look at the parents (Kitty and Tom, John and Jane)and some of the younger couples (Brian and Dawn, Helen and Henry). I'm not sure how rebellious Mariah dating Chad could be seen, though. They're both rodents. It's not as different a species gap as with Cat and Hunter.

All this voice recording for the characters makes me really want to do a read version of the comic. Radio play? I've seen them for other comics. It gets disappointing when they're not finished, but are still fun to listen to.
LadyKaden
LadyKaden

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:03 pm

Rubin, I meant to record me/her, but I will be messing with it in Audacity and can send you the files if you'd like.

Ms. Kaden, I believe that is answered in the Random Questions thread but won't be able to confirm until I get home.
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Modest is Hottest? - Page 9 Empty Sneak Peak page 380

Post  Ellen-Natalie Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:42 am

Modest is Hottest? - Page 9 10635840_734912586581131_4807986068289016291_n

Page 380: There appears to be a door in the way...
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Slim Shadow Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:16 am

Coming to a resolution as the two UN delegates have pulled off the peace negotiation of the century as the two sides in the Mollyan Civil War have negotiated a cease-fire, thus ending the war. The method, they locked both sides in the headquarters' 27th floor janitor's closet.

Reporting live from New York City, this is Pierre LeChat. Back to you.
Slim Shadow
Slim Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:05 am

*faints*

Back to top Go down

Modest is Hottest? - Page 9 Empty Page 380, finally

Post  Ellen-Natalie Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:28 am

Modest is Hottest? - Page 9 F10fb6119Yhjc
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:13 pm

Better late than never!

And Mariah and Sarah have made up, hooray!
Cutekitty
Cutekitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:22 pm

Huh... Isn't it interesting how much more attractive everyone looks now that they've all calmed down and are making up? Lovin' the four of them in that last panel!

Mr Ed

http://Iron-Ed.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum