Furry Experience - Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FE Page 148

5 posters

Go down

FE Page 148 Empty FE Page 148

Post  blackgnosis Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:10 am

blackgnosis
blackgnosis

Back to top Go down

FE Page 148 Empty Oh dear! Oops.

Post  Forgecoldiron Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:40 pm

I have seen just that situation happen in that and other ways. Diabetics and vegetarians mentioning their condition or dietary restrictions for the first time. Just as well intentioned friends or coworkers do the surprise party OOPS! Most times it provides only momentary embarrassment and then on to the fun.

Forgecoldiron

Back to top Go down

FE Page 148 Empty Reply to Furry Experience page 148

Post  oneuglybunny Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:22 pm

Ronnie's father seems like a go-along, get-along kind of guy, so the surprise cake wouldn't fluster him. Very likely, he'd remark that diabetics can have sugary desserts, but only in limited amounts. Nobody I know likes to be a killjoy. Very Happy

I'm especially noticing the pixelated paisley print on Ronnie's garment. That's a ticklishly creative touch by Ellen-Natalie, my compliments. Idea

Tiny question: since Ronnie mentions that her father has been "promoted," I'd assume he's with the same company, but upgraded to a more prestigious section, such as from Sales to Accounting. Any clue as to which two places within the company specifically? Question
oneuglybunny
oneuglybunny

Back to top Go down

FE Page 148 Empty Re: FE Page 148

Post  Ellen-Natalie Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:50 pm

oneuglybunny wrote:Tiny question: since Ronnie mentions that her father has been "promoted," I'd assume he's with the same company, but upgraded to a more prestigious section, such as from Sales to Accounting. Any clue as to which two places within the company specifically? Question

Ron's Dad works for a software company-he's finally been promoted to a position where he can start designing programs, instead of just marketing them. I have no idea if his work will ever come up in the comic ^^
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

FE Page 148 Empty Reply to reply to Furry Experience page 148

Post  oneuglybunny Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:08 pm

Ron's Dad works for a software company-he's finally been promoted to a position where he can start designing programs, instead of just marketing them.
That's some trick, Ellen-Natalie. Marketing is usually the domain of business majors, as their jobs require a thorough understanding of consumer dynamics. Program design, however, requires machine coding, which is the domain of computer sciences / information technology majors. Possibly, Ronnie's father was a dual major, but the two disciplines together add up to one horrifically large class load. The buck must be a workaholic, or nearly so. silent
oneuglybunny
oneuglybunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:37 pm

I think I'm gonna like Ronnie's dad!

The trim at the edge of the pixelated purple paisley pattern on Ronnie's blouse
also looks quite intricate and well done. Nice job!

Mr Ed

http://Iron-Ed.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:44 pm

oneuglybunny wrote:
Ron's Dad works for a software company-he's finally been promoted to a position where he can start designing programs, instead of just marketing them.
That's some trick, Ellen-Natalie. Marketing is usually the domain of business majors, as their jobs require a thorough understanding of consumer dynamics. Program design, however, requires machine coding, which is the domain of computer sciences / information technology majors. Possibly, Ronnie's father was a dual major, but the two disciplines together add up to one horrifically large class load. The buck must be a workaholic, or nearly so. silent

Being a single Dad, he does work a lot. Officially, he went to school for program design. However, after graduation the only work he could get with a major company was an entry-level sales position. He's been working up and around different departments in the company since.
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

FE Page 148 Empty Reply to second reply to Furry Experience page 148

Post  oneuglybunny Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:52 pm

Officially, he went to school for program design. However, after graduation the only work he could get with a major company was an entry-level sales position.
Ah, I see. Ronnie's father majored in computer sciences, and aimed for a prestige position. However, when none was available, he opted for a lesser entry position, using the Foot-In-The-Door strategy. Ingenious.

I am also noticing the close bond between father and daughter. Add to this the fact you mentioned that he's a single father, implying divorcée or widower. This would account for much of Ronnie's strong and forward personality: she has had mostly her father as her social template, which has given Ronnie a more "manly" approach to dealing with the world.

My, how very nicely the pieces fit together. Cool
oneuglybunny
oneuglybunny

Back to top Go down

Post  blackgnosis Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:57 am

oneuglybunny wrote:
Officially, he went to school for program design. However, after graduation the only work he could get with a major company was an entry-level sales position.
Ah, I see. Ronnie's father majored in computer sciences, and aimed for a prestige position. However, when none was available, he opted for a lesser entry position, using the Foot-In-The-Door strategy. Ingenious.

I am also noticing the close bond between father and daughter. Add to this the fact you mentioned that he's a single father, implying divorcée or widower. This would account for much of Ronnie's strong and forward personality: she has had mostly her father as her social template, which has given Ronnie a more "manly" approach to dealing with the world.

My, how very nicely the pieces fit together. Cool

Best strategy for ANY business that relies on seniority of any kind, and internal hiring too..
blackgnosis
blackgnosis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down