Furry Experience - Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So uhh... is everyone here a Mormon?

+5
Trevor_Fox
LadyKaden
Latrans
Ellen-Natalie
Mr. Cardinal
9 posters

Go down

So uhh... is everyone here a Mormon? Empty So uhh... is everyone here a Mormon?

Post  Mr. Cardinal Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:21 am

It's just something I'd ask since you all seem to be talking about it.

I'm not, just to be clear. scratch
Mr. Cardinal
Mr. Cardinal

Back to top Go down

So uhh... is everyone here a Mormon? Empty Re: So uhh... is everyone here a Mormon?

Post  Ellen-Natalie Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:08 pm

I've gotten feedback from readers who are, aren't, members of other faiths, agnostic and atheist. The only thing I've been able to conclude from their feedback is that there is no correlation between a reader's personal beliefs and whether or not they enjoy FE Smile
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

So uhh... is everyone here a Mormon? Empty Re: So uhh... is everyone here a Mormon?

Post  Latrans Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:58 am

I'm not Mormon. To be completely honest, I identify as atheistic. I believe the topic of that particular religious affiliation comes up because it is a prominent theme of the comic. Of course this means there will be a large(er than a random population sample) number of Mormons within our ranks as it does fit into an otherwise lonely "Mormon-friendly Furry Comic" niche.

Ellen-Natalie wrote:The only thing I've been able to conclude from their feedback is that there is no correlation between a reader's personal beliefs and whether or not they enjoy FE Smile

This is a good thing! If I had to guess, I would say it is because the comic has never been used as a religious platform. The LDS faith is discussed, but no specific set of beliefs or values are asked of the readers.
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyKaden Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:40 pm

I'm Wiccan. I learned about the comic form a Mormon, though, as he was able to use some of the comics to explain how his views were (The battery comic is one I can think of off the top of my head)which may have helped for the spread over other religions as well.
LadyKaden
LadyKaden

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor_Fox Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:58 am

I am a Mormon. My friend originally found this comic and shared it with me about...a year or two ago. Man...time flies. But I've read it since then.
Trevor_Fox
Trevor_Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Bayrain Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:51 am

I had the thought that a majority of people were Mormon mostly because of all the stuff in the comics about it. About everyone in the comic was Mormon and my homie who shared this with me was Mormon. But now we know. Wink
Bayrain
Bayrain

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:40 pm

And knowing is half the battle!
So uhh... is everyone here a Mormon? GIJoeHeader
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  Bayrain Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:24 pm

Okay I looked up the religion percents in the United States on the world fact-book by the CIA.
Protestant 51.3%, Roman Catholic 23.9%, Mormon 1.7%, other Christian 1.6%, Jewish 1.7%, Buddhist 0.7%, Muslim 0.6%, other or unspecified 2.5%, unaffiliated 12.1%, none 4%
I was very curious... but I stumbled upon it while researching Ukraine.
Bayrain
Bayrain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:23 am

Spiritual, but not religious. I.E. I believe in god, but don't like all the religions that try and contradict each other or try and prove one is better than all others.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I was raised as a Catholic ( had my first communion ), changed to Christian, and finally settled on knowing that there's a higher power in the universe w/o all the drama.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hypērétēs Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:21 am

Dyed in the wool and washed in the blood Mackerel-snapper myself.

Hypērétēs

Back to top Go down

Post  Godel Fishbreath Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:27 pm

Episcopal for me and my family.
But this webcomic is interesting by itself and a look into another culture is wonderful
Also, oddly, I am trying to become a writer, and hooked up with an active beta readers group: LDS betas. This web comic helped me understand the culture slang.
Godel Fishbreath
Godel Fishbreath

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Walker Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:50 pm

Unitarian Universalist here. I did grow up with heavy Protestant and Catholic influences from various branches of the family.
Alan Walker
Alan Walker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down