Furry Experience - Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick Heads Up

3 posters

Go down

Quick Heads Up Empty Quick Heads Up

Post  Latrans Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:34 am

The wireless signal I was leaching finally got a password put on it. As such my net activity has been severely curtailed the past couple days and will likely stay that way for probably another week when I should hopefully be getting my own instead of relying on whatever I can scrounge with my laptop. I haven't forgotten you all, but when you're restricted to the life of your battery, priorities have to be set. Sad
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Quick Heads Up Empty wireless

Post  Kenoscope Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:53 am

We have a local who has a wide open signal. BELKIN, yet my daughter runs from her room (like last night) to reset our wireless password any time that the internet slows. Then gets mad when she has to reset my laptops access (cause I learned with vacuum tubes thank you.) A CS Major, she thinks people will waste time breaking a triple password protected system rather than using a wide open one. Mostly our problems are Roadrunner randomly throttling anyone using more than 'the industry average bandwidth.' Probably 256k an hour... Such as homes with three game players.

Kenoscope

Back to top Go down

Quick Heads Up Empty Wireless public routers

Post  oneuglybunny Mon May 30, 2011 3:24 am

This reply may come a little late, however the truths within it still hold.

Hotels routinely have router and ISP services available to guests and visitors. In most cases, they have a simple password to access the network, which is changed daily. However, anyone in the hotel can ask for this password at the front desk. I've done this while dining in the Holiday Inn's dining room. The Front Desk will usually hand a slip of paper with the password to anyone requesting it, even an off-the-street visitor.

Government buildings sometimes have this, too, occasionally without the password. The Federal Building has two such routers, accessible from the diner across the street.

Also, coffee shops seem to have routers as well, using the hotel model for access. Surprised
oneuglybunny
oneuglybunny

Back to top Go down

Quick Heads Up Empty Re: Quick Heads Up

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum