Furry Experience - Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you watching?

+7
Ellen-Natalie
StanBethnel
Pricther
Krysta
Gungnir
Serious Table
Anthony20022
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What are you watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you watching?

Post  LeonMcBane Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:12 am

So yesterday, I randomly watched C-span. It was a bill about replacing an 80 year-old bridge crossing the Croix (or saint croix, I'm not sure) river. The main controversy was that the "wild and roaming rivers" act said that the bridge was an "Earmark" But It seemed to me that it was actually pretty necessary. I don't know if it passed because I didn't want to waste another 30 minutes listening to some lady say "It's ascetically unpleasing". So yeah, I don't watch T.V much.
LeonMcBane
LeonMcBane

Back to top Go down

Post  oneuglybunny Sat May 19, 2012 1:35 am

Oy, those perservationists. Perhaps in its day, during the Thirties, it was a nice enough bridge, dappled with elements where the craftsmen and builders showcased their talents. However, of necessity, there are laws and regulations that insist that antiquated, obsolete and derelict infrastructure be replaced. This is not optional. The public pays taxes to ensure that bridges that span rivers can always meet their load requirements, and carry them safely from one bank to the other. When age and stress and decay compromise that safety, a repair or rebuild is mandatory.

Contrast a situation right here in Binghamton: one old stone and brick building that once housed the Strand theater has sat empty and derelict for almost twenty years. Its roof has collapsed and pigeons roost in the upper floors. At one point, some masonry at the top of the north wall crumbled and broke off, crashing into a pedestrian walkway below. Mercifully, no one was hurt. Now, after the Flood of 2011, the place reeks of mold and mildew. "Historical landmark" is fine for intact, habitable structures; when the site is essentially made of fail, it's time to bring in the wrecking ball. This building has degenerated to the point of becoming an ongoing threat to public safety and health.

And yet, the preservationists use the courts to block its demolition, because "it's a landmark!" If a living body can't dispose of its derelict tissues, the organism will perish in less than 100 hours.
oneuglybunny
oneuglybunny

Back to top Go down

Post  EddieFox Sat May 26, 2012 12:57 pm

Does spectating LoL Matches Count?
EddieFox
EddieFox

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Sat May 26, 2012 5:51 pm

Watched the documentary 'This Divided State.' The film follows the heated debates and controversy that followed the announcement that Michael Moore would be speaking as a guest at Utah Valley State College. (Where I would be attending two years later.) I originally wanted to watch it because a lot of my husband's professors are featured on there, and I remember following the issue for weeks in the newspapers.

However, watching the issue unfold on film...was a little scary for me. What I've come to know as the most passive, apathetic student body in the state turned into swarms of people constantly arguing, yelling, protesting, and insulting each other. Over Michael Moore.
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LeonMcBane Sun May 27, 2012 6:41 pm

I'm in the mood for a Disney Live action movie. Something like Condorman or In search of the Castaways.
LeonMcBane
LeonMcBane

Back to top Go down

Post  EddieFox Mon May 28, 2012 1:08 am

Still Spectating LoL matches Trying to get my Champ down by watching other people play her.
EddieFox
EddieFox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2