Furry Experience - Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's Going On?

2 posters

Go down

What's Going On? Empty What's Going On?

Post  Ellen-Natalie Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:46 pm

Been getting messages from several readers asking about the lack of updates. Some are frustrated at no news, others concerned about my mental health. Seeing how much everyone cares about this comic and it's characters still feels amazing. You guys are still the most awesome, supportive people I know!

So why no updates? The simple answer is I've had less time to create art, and managing that time poorly. Recently, I got a promotion at Office Job. It was a good opportunity - I'm grateful they offered it, glad I took it. However, to do New Office Job well required going in early and staying late. And when I was finally off the clock, I was either too wound up or too tired to sit still and draw for several hours. Maybe someone else could've figured out a way to do both, but I just couldn't muster the energy or focus for it.

Instead, I started putting as much money as I could into savings. I told myself this would make it possible for me to, someday, afford to quit and turn my part-time comics job into a full-time one. But as weeks went by with not being able to focus on art, I got scared. What if by the time I'd saved enough money to safely walk away from Office Job, there was no comics job to return to?

After a long Thanksgiving weekend of thinking, how to best stretch my current savings, and art-related job listings, I gave New Office Job two week's notice. Starting next year, I'll be creating FE and artwork as a full-time job. I'm excited and terrified.

Excited because this is a goal I've been working towards for a long time. Terrified because it's happening sooner than I planned. I'm not certain I'm ready. There's a real risk of failure. But that also means there's a real chance at success.

2019 will definitely be an exciting year.
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

What's Going On? Empty Re: What's Going On?

Post  Tacoma_Whitetail Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:54 am

Glad to hear you’re doing good! And, I apologize on my behalf for such a delayed response on my side haha. But congrats! I’m sure it’ll be a great time for you! As a newer fan to this comic, I look foward to it, and you have my support! Hope it all goes well! Smile
Tacoma_Whitetail
Tacoma_Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum