Furry Experience - Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Pony

+4
Ellen-Natalie
Latrans
The J.A.M.
JeffCvt
8 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

My Little Pony - Page 2 Empty Re: My Little Pony

Post  Ellen-Natalie Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:08 am

A lot of fans have been upset about the leaks concerning the season 3 finale. I think the latest episode gave a great solution to this panic-take a breath, and stay calm.
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JeffCvt Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:54 pm

What I'm upset about are the leaks about the movie. It's anyone's guess if they are true or not, but if they do turn out to be true, I feel we missed out on what could have been a really good movie. (I'm not going to post what the leak was just in case someone doesn't want to know.)
JeffCvt
JeffCvt

Back to top Go down

Post  The J.A.M. Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:43 pm

S3E13: Magical Mystery Cure

Okay, there was a SEVERE lag in ALL of the live streams this morning, so I probably missed several details, so don't consider this my complete comments on this episode, they'll be up this afternoon after I download the episode in HD.

Not much of a plot here, but more or less a culmination of the last 3 seasons.

The return of the bear!

The return of Pinkamena!

The return of wet mane Rarity!

The most songs ever featured in a single episode!

I wonder why the rest of the Apples weren't helping Pinkie....

TWILIGHT GOT DISINTEGRATED!!!! Wink

Dreamscape?

Celestia sings!!!

I wonder if the transformation hurt....

Liquid pride? Good one! Very Happy

What have we learned?

Twilight has the Elements of Harmony on display. Bad idea.

Twilight sold her balloon to Berry Punch?

And apparently, alicorns instinctively know how to fly Very Happy

4 words:

Twilight's

Come

Full

Circle

Upon further analysis, I now add this:

There is tap dancing in Equestria.

Unicorns can manipulate clouds, though not with the same finesse as pegasi.

Ponies can get sunburn on their coats, so suntan lotion IS what Rainbow Dash was using in a previous episode.

The book that Luna had at the end of the season premiere was Starswirl The Bearded's journal.

There is no general "undo" spell, at least for the high level spells.

Cherry Berry probably runs a taxi service to Cloudsdale, besides offering balloon rides, with the balloon that she rents from Twilight.

Apparently, earth pony magic has sub-divisions that are not quite compatible with each other, i.e., Pinkie's geological magic clashed with AJ's agricultural magic, disrupting the apple trees.

Spooky: the scorch mark on the floor was exactly the shape of Twilight's cutie mark.

Error!!! Luna's ceremonial crown changed into her everyday (everynight?) crown!

DERPY/DITZY!!! I FOUND HER!!! I FOUND HER!!!

"Everything's going to be just fine"? Famous last words, Dame Sparkle...

A few images:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And Starswirl The Bearded's cutie mark:

My Little Pony - Page 2 Starswirl_s_cutie_mark_by_iamthejam-d5v6avv
The J.A.M.
The J.A.M.

https://www.fanfiction.net/~thejamakanumbuhi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:35 am

Much as I love the series, I gotta admit this was my least favorite episode. It's the first time since watching MLP that I felt like all they were doing was plugging a toy. Probably didn't help that the season finale was spoiled for everybody because Hasbro announced the toy featured in this episode ages ago.

Also, if "Everything's Going to be Fine" like Twilight sings at the end, then season 4 is going to be very, very dull.
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  JeffCvt Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:53 pm

I have to admit, I felt like I died a little on the inside at then end.

Twilight becoming a princess is an "end of the series movie" kind of thing that they advertise for weeks before it airs and make their money from selling the toys that way. They didn't even make this a two part event. Just one super rushed episode.

All we can hope for is that it actually leads to a pretty interesting season 4. I'm actually looking forward to seeing how this changes the dynamic between the main six.
JeffCvt
JeffCvt

Back to top Go down

Post  Slim Shadow Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:49 pm

Well, personally, I felt that it was a good episode. I believe MA and Daniel wrote a great episode despite the hand that they have been given. It's still an executive meddle, and probably could hurt the show's value, but I'm interested in what season 4 has in store.
Slim Shadow
Slim Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:05 pm

I'm definitely curious about season 4, as well-and I do love all the fan response (positive and negative) that this episode's been generating-especially this conspiracy (there's spoilers, though, if you haven't seen the episode):

Spoiler:
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  JeffCvt Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:02 pm

Wow, that is an... interesting theory. And I personally think it goes way deeper than they show was ever intended to go.
But it's always nice seeing things like this. (For me anyway)

Oh, and I should just say that I may not have seemed like it with my post before, I do think they did a great job with the episode given what they had to work with. Even though it was way rushed, it was well paced for what they had to fit in. And while none of the songs really stood out for me as especially noteworthy, they were by no means bad.

And like I said before, it does leave me interested in what the 4th season is going to be like.
JeffCvt
JeffCvt

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:30 am

So my brain managed to crank out this strange bit of reasoning... you've been warned.

I don't think Celestia was the sole bearer of the Elements. She was only one. Her sister was another. That much is confirmed, however, I suspect there were four more. A previous Mane Six, if you will. So here goes my little mental train wreck...

The elements are:
Kindness
Laughter
Generosity
Honesty
Loyalty
Magic

I'm going to say that Celestia was the bearer of Loyalty and Luna the bearer of Generosity. Next... Dischord was the bearer of Laughter and Starswirl of Magic. It's entirely possible that Chrysalis was the bearer of Kindness. Of course, this leaves Honesty, but that does not preclude a sixth character fitting my theory might not be introduced in season 4.

Now I'm sure all that threw you for a loop so here's my reasoning. The Elements purify their bearers to that element. Celestia is loyal to Equestria. Loyal to the exclusion of all else, including her sister. Luna, on the other hand wanted nothing more than to give ponies the gift of rest and good nights, even if she had to force it on them. That was my starting point. Next, I realized Discord was Pinkie Pie to an extreme. He wants nothing more than to laugh and everything else is secondary. Starswirl was the greatest magic user Equestria had ever known, and his life was dedicated to it even when it seriously impacted his dearest friends (read Conspiracy Theory posted above). He was more concerned with finishing a spell for the sake of finishing it than because it would help those dear to him. Last on my list is Chrysalis. She's the kindest, most dedicated leader the changelings could possibly have. Everything she does is for them. Yes, she's making a major power grab, but it's never for herself. Everything she does is to provide for others and never done for selfish reasons.

So here's where I tie it all together. They were all once bearers of the Elements of Harmony, but they all took their respective elements to such extremes that it became a danger not just to themselves, but especially those around them. It became so much an issue that they even turned the elements on one another (Celestia specifically stated they had been used against both Discord and Luna).

As a side thought, perhaps that is what Starswirl was trying to do: break the bearers free from their elements by changing which elements each bearer represented...
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:40 pm

Been meaning to comment on this for awhile, Latrans-but I really like that theory! If nothing else, the idea would generate some great fanart ^^
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikachao Wed May 15, 2013 8:41 pm

So my friend modded some ponies for me so they would be superheroes, (batman and booster gold, who is awesome, but sadly only I seem to know about him) they are so awesome, so I kind of have to show them off (and the MLP discussion section seemed appropriate.)
My Little Pony - Page 2 Pony_batman_by_pikachao_omega-d65expr
Pikachao
Pikachao

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Wed May 15, 2013 10:49 pm

Is that...electrical tape?
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikachao Thu May 16, 2013 10:06 pm

it's colored duct tape, actually.
Pikachao
Pikachao

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:29 pm

I'll admit I was looking forward to seeing 'Equestria Girls' before, but now I have to - just to see if this fancomic actually turns out to be the ending:

My Little Pony - Page 2 Equestria_girls_ending_scene_by_crimsonbugeye-d68oblfMy Little Pony - Page 2 Equestria_girls_ending_scene_by_crimsonbugeye-d68oblf
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:33 am

Sadly, I'm decidedly not looking forward to the movie. From what I've seen it's a blatant "produce more merch" grab by Hasbro at a complete cost to story. I see no reason that it has to be a(nother) "girls in school with predictable hijinks", let alone why they've got to turn them all human. Aside from a few fish-out-of-water jokes at Twilight's expense, what possible purpose does completely gutting the established setting serve that couldn't be just as easily (and not nearly as jarringly) had within the established MLP world?
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:17 am

Obviously to pander to me. Very Happy
I've always enjoyed fan art of the Mane 6 personified, and predictable school girl drama ~
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:03 am

Oh. Well, okay.Very Happy
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:58 pm

So... Has anybody seen this thing yet? Am I missing anything or is it safe for me to just move on?
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:02 am

I saw it last month-overall a pretty cute film, but I don't think they'll be any continuity issues if you haven't seen it going into the next season. Smile

Also, watching Twilight trying to act like a pony in human form is adorably hilarious~
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Slim Shadow Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:12 pm

Well, just to let everybody/pony know that I'll be attending BronyCan in Vancouver. I'm writing this from a hotel on the way there. I'll be cosplaying as a deadmau5 DJ Pon3 hybrid.
Slim Shadow
Slim Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:06 am

I should have posted this earlier. If you haven't seen it yet, you MUST!

Clickie! For the love of pony, CLICKIE!!!
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  Slim Shadow Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:36 am

Ohhhhohohohoh... I remember when I saw that. Funniest thing to happen in the off season.

That reminds me of a pic I took of a Button cosplayer.

My Little Pony - Page 2 564407_10151768544484191_1385513866_n

EDIT: If you would look closely, you'd find a bit of an easter egg.
Slim Shadow
Slim Shadow

Back to top Go down

My Little Pony - Page 2 Empty S4E01: Princess Twilight Sparkle

Post  The J.A.M. Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:03 am

S4E01: Princess Twilight Sparkle

Spoiler:

Four words:

HUGE
SEASON
COMING
UP

Last edited by Ellen-Natalie on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just putting a 'spoiler' tag around the episode descriptions!)
The J.A.M.
The J.A.M.

Back to top Go down

Post  The J.A.M. Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 pm

Also...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ellen-Natalie on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just putting a 'spoiler' tag around the episode descriptions!)
The J.A.M.
The J.A.M.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:58 pm

Oh man. I am so PUMPED for this season! Loved the first two episodes! And I'd really love to learn more about ancient Equestrian history and Luna's and Celestia's backstories.
Cutekitty
Cutekitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum