Furry Experience - Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings, Amulek here!

4 posters

Go down

Greetings, Amulek here! Empty Greetings, Amulek here!

Post  Amulek Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:23 am

And it came to pass that I, Amulek, decided to register to the Furry Experience Forums, because I had read the FE comic and I saw that it was good. And now I'll give you a brief explanation why I am here:

So first of all: how did I discover the FE? One day I just googled "mormon furry", because I was curious to find whether there are any furries of the LDS faith. Now, keep in mind, that I am not myself a Mormon nor a Furry, so why I decided to do this kind of a Google search...? Only God knows. However, I'm glad that I did that Google search, because I happened to stumble upon one of the best webcomics I've read for a while (which is of course the Furry Experience, duh).

Even though I am not a Mormon myself, I'm exceedingly fascinated by the LDS church, by its interesting doctrines and scriptures and by the Mormon culture and community that surround this church.

That's why I have actually met Mormon missionaries (most of them are from the USA) for the past month and I have visited the local Mormon church several times. I've had great and interesting conversations with the missionaries and other Mormons. I've also read the holy scriptures of the Mormons: The Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price. Currently I'm reading the King James Bible (and also the Quran, but that's non-Mormon related). I don't have intensions to get baptized or follow the Word of Wisdom (I love me some of that sweet wine now and then) and I am a sinful person in every other way, too, but as I'm interested in different religions, ideologies and world views, I'm always ready for a good conversation about these topics.

Oh, and I'm from Finland, from the city called Oulu, so forgive me if I make any errors with the English language.

And my nickname is of course from The Book of Mormon, from the Book of Alma (Amulek was that guy, who hung out with the prophet Alma in the city of Ammonihah).

And now I make an end. Even so, Amen.

Last edited by Amulek on Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amulek
Amulek

Back to top Go down

Greetings, Amulek here! Empty Re: Greetings, Amulek here!

Post  Trevor_Fox Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:06 pm

Welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy your stay here. =3 And yes, this is a wonderful comic to read.
Trevor_Fox
Trevor_Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:38 am

Welcome to the forums, glad to hear you enjoy the comic! Hope you enjoy discussions on the forums, as well Smile
Now I want to try googling 'Mormon Furry' and see what comes up~
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:54 am

Hiya, welcome to the forums! Like you, I'm not a member of the LDS faith. Unlike you, I haven't done my research; I learned most of what I know of the LDS church and community from the comic and people here. Major props to you for investigating so much on your own.
Cutekitty
Cutekitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Amulek Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:16 pm

Cutekitty wrote:Hiya, welcome to the forums! Like you, I'm not a member of the LDS faith. Unlike you, I haven't done my research; I learned most of what I know of the LDS church and community from the comic and people here. Major props to you for investigating so much on your own.
I have also learned more about Mormonism thanks to the FE. Especially I have learned more about the Mormon culture in Utah, which fascinates me. I even asked my missionaries whether they think that the General Conference is like "a Mormon Super Bowl" (just like Ronnie described it in the page 134). They laughed at that joke, but sorry for stealing jokes from the FE!
Amulek
Amulek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum