The Games We Play

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Games We Play

Post  Latrans on Sun May 29, 2011 7:11 pm

What sorts of games do we all play? Are they multiplayer? Console? Board games? Tell us!

Me, I play a couple browser based MMOs of the 'Free to play, pay for extras' variety. Star Pirates has a larger player base, but the community can be a bit cutthroat. On the other hand, Spy Battle is smaller, but the community is a lot more happy-go-lucky. Which is kind of funny since the majority of major players in each game plays in the other.

The other thing that continues to surprise me is the number of furs who play them. My faction in Spy Battle is jokingly referred to as "Shannon's Zoo" since the leader's name is Shannon and 11 of the 17 members are openly furs. Laughing
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Games We Play

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Sun May 29, 2011 10:57 pm

Don't have much times for video games nowadays, but I do carry around a Gameboy or my husband's DS when going on a trip.
On those, I enjoy playing Ace Attorney, Pokemon, and Princess Debut.

Outside of the electronic games, I love puzzles and card games. All-time favorite is 'Muggins,' a traditional card game at my family get-togethers. I'm curious if anyone else has heard of it before.
Ellen-Natalie

View user profile http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Slim Shadow on Sun May 29, 2011 11:28 pm

Well, I mostly play Minecraft right now. I mainly play casual games such as Bejeweled, and the occasional FPS game such as TF2, Half-Life 2, and Deeeeefinitely Portal. Currently, I'm looking for a new graphics card so that I can get going on Portal 2.

And for RL games, My Dad and I play Cribbage when we have spare time together. Oh, getting back into chess now. I play on the City's big board from time to time.
Slim Shadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gungnir on Mon May 30, 2011 12:26 am

I mostly play Minecraft, Halo, and Portal; right now I'm trying to beat Call of Duty 2 on Veteran. I also play a lot of other games, including Blockland, Wing Commander Saga, Vega Strike, NOLF, Lugaru, VVVVVV, Xonotic, Red Eclipse, etc. Also, EV: Nova is the greatest RPG ever made.

As for IRL games, I play Yahtsee (I have no idea how to spell it), Texas Hold'em, and Scrabble, mostly.
Gungnir

View user profile http://gungnirind.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Mon May 30, 2011 1:19 am

Gungnir wrote:As for IRL games, I play Yahtsee (I have no idea how to spell it), Texas Hold'em, and Scrabble, mostly.

Yahtzee! <3
That and Scrabble are fun games ^^
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Krysta on Mon May 30, 2011 12:34 pm

Ellen-Natalie wrote:
Gungnir wrote:As for IRL games, I play Yahtsee (I have no idea how to spell it), Texas Hold'em, and Scrabble, mostly.

Yahtzee! <3
That and Scrabble are fun games ^^

Love yahtzee <3<3 Though at my house we play with my set of "Kismet" (The modern game of Yacht [Copyright 1964]). Almost the same thing, except the dice have colored spots. 1 and 6 are black. 2 and 5 are red. 3 and 4 are green. So there can be scoring combinations like "Two Pair - Same Color" and "Flush" One more interesting element to an already awesome game.
Krysta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Games OUB plays

Post  oneuglybunny on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:27 am

I'm not a "thumb jockey," so many video games leave me cold. I'm at about my limit with id's DOOM series.
Fooled around with the early Duke Nukem, back when it was a sprite game, a side-to-side 2D shooter.
Toyed with Hasbro's (Parker Brothers before that) Monopoly, but I often wonder how "random" those dice throws are. Mad
There was a better version, written for DOS, by Adam Stevens.
If one bot started going haywire, the human player could force the bot to forfeit. Twisted Evil
"Yo, bot: yer motherboard is calling you."
A personal favorite card game is Euchre.
According to Hoyle, it's supposed to be played with Aces (high) down to sevens (low).
Most people simply split a pinochle deck into two Euchre decks, Aces through nines. Smile
Dream Quest allows 24, 28 or 32 card decks, plus the power to declare misdeal, but there's no option for three-handed "cutthroat" games.
Silver Creek has a three-handed version, but only with the 24-card deck, and no misdeal or peeking options. Neutral
Another card game is cribbage, one of my father's favorites before he passed away. Sad
oneuglybunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:50 pm

I'm big on Nintendo games, particularly Mario games. Lesse, I've played all of these, often with my siblings:
Paper Mario
Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart on the 64
Mario Kart Wii
Super Mario Bros. Wii
Super Mario World (the one with Dinosaur Land on the Gameboy)
Mario Kart Double Dash
Super Paper Mario
Pokemon Puzzle League
Mario Party games (multiple ones, just can't remember 'em all... 5? 6? 8?)
Pokemon Soul Silver
Pokemon White
Pokemon Platinum (I think)
Sports on the Wii (Its exact name slips my mind at the moment, but it involves sword-fighting, archery, bowling, basketball, um... and a bunch of other stuff)
Hey You, Pikachu

...and probably some others that I've forgotten about. I promise, I do not spend all day playing videogames. XD Really. I do other stuff, like... homework. Definitely homework. And drawing, reading, writing, playing outside... Oh, and once in a blue moon I like to play card games (like Go Fish, Egyptian Rat Screw, Slap-Jack, German Old Maid), chess, Monopoly... Occasionally I do play the random computer game for a bit.
Cutekitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:26 pm

I completely forgot about 'Hey You, Pikachu' ^^ That game was great until I lost the mic...
I also forgot about Wiifit! Who cares if it's actually healthy or not, the mini games are fun~
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty on Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:14 pm

Ah, yeah, losing the mic would pose a bit of a problem with Hey You Pikachu, wouldn't it? xD My mic actually stopped working after a while, so my dad found a substitute lying somewhere around the house... Apparently any mic with a plug that fits in the outlet on the mic box... thingy... works, whether it was built specifically for the game or not. ^^
Cutekitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor_Fox on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:19 am

Actually, I'm a huge gamer. Always have been. I've played video games since as early as I can remember. Literally. I'm going to agree with Cutekitty that I'm a huge Nintendo fan. I love how their games are accessible to people of any age, however; I play tons of other things, too.

Nintendo:
Mario series (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars <--Oh yeah. Got me started on RPG games. I've loved them since)
Zelda series
definitely Metroid and Star Fox. Those games are awesome. I'm even okay with Samus' apparent "role change" in Metroid Other M b/c I've read the Manga for the backstory. Those games are just awesome. Hopin' for another great Star Fox game sometime.
Pikmin 1 and 2 (now 3's on the way for the Wii U! Whoo!)
Muramasa

Sony:
Resident Evil (especially 4)
LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2 (if I'm ever in a creative standstill, this game sparks some energy back into me)
Demon's Souls (Difficult, but based on skill and learning the level. Just how I like it. >=3 Looking forward to getting Dark Souls)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (haven't yet nabbed the sequel)

Computer:
Left 4 Dead 1 and 2
Skyrim
Transformers: War for Cybertron
Half-Life series

Mind you, a lot of these are ones that I've recently played within the past 3 years. If I were to make a list of every game I play or have played, well, that list would include over 200 games. I think approaching the 300 mark. I actually made that list once.
Trevor_Fox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LeonMcBane on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:04 pm

I'm a gamer (probably to the degree of Trevor_fox) but lately I can't seem to get enough of Mass Effect.
LeonMcBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:09 pm

My husband bought me a couple Steam games-including Bejeweled. In two weeks I had more hours logging on that game than he had on any of his Steam games in the past three months. >.>
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor_Fox on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:36 pm

Bejeweled. I haven't played that game, but I know how popular it is. It does remind me, though--has anyone played Pokemon Puzzle League? I have no idea why, but that game struck a chord with me. I haven't played a puzzle game since of that type that I've enjoyed as much.
Trevor_Fox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Teric on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:56 am

Ellen-Natalie wrote:My husband bought me a couple Steam games-including Bejeweled. In two weeks I had more hours logging on that game than he had on any of his Steam games in the past three months. >.>

ADDICT! Smile

Actually, I shouldn't talk, because I'm a career gamer myself (I'm a professional game dev). Here are the games I've enjoyed:

Console/PC:
-Zelda Series
-Old Metroid Series (2D, not 3D)
-Mario Kart
-Final Fantasy Series
-Final Fantasy Tactics
-World of Warcraft
-Elder Scrolls Series
-Heroes of Might and Magic series
-Mass Effect series
-Diablo
-Starcraft
-Star Control (yes, VERY old games but I love them)

Tabletop:
-Chess
-Dominion
-Settlers of Catan
-Mille Bournes
-Rook
-Puerto Rico
-Dungeons and Dragons

Teric

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:06 pm

Trevor_Fox wrote:Bejeweled. I haven't played that game, but I know how popular it is. It does remind me, though--has anyone played Pokemon Puzzle League? I have no idea why, but that game struck a chord with me. I haven't played a puzzle game since of that type that I've enjoyed as much.

Oh. My. Gosh. Pokemon Puzzle League, how could I have failed to mention that one? It's one of my favorites; I played it obsessively when I was littler! I once got good enough at it to beat Mewtwo in the Super Hard level league. I haven't picked it up again in quite a while, though (or a N64 remote, for that matter).
Cutekitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LeonMcBane on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:50 pm

Has anyone played "Slender" as of late? What do you think?
LeonMcBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor_Fox on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:48 pm

Oh. My. Gosh. Pokemon Puzzle League, how could I have failed to mention that one? It's one of my favorites; I played it obsessively when I was littler! I once got good enough at it to beat Mewtwo in the Super Hard level league. I haven't picked it up again in quite a while, though (or a N64 remote, for that matter).

Well, Cutekitty, I have to say that you outdid me in that game, then. I got to Mewtwo on Super Hard, came really close to beatin' 'im, but unfortunately he got me. I always had a hard time with Butch and Cassidy, as well.
Trevor_Fox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LeonMcBane on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:04 am

Trevor_Fox wrote:

Well, Cutekitty, I have to say that you outdid me in that game, then. I got to Mewtwo on Super Hard, came really close to beatin' 'im, but unfortunately he got me. I always had a hard time with Butch and Cassidy, as well.

I played the predecessor to that game. It was called Tetris Attack
LeonMcBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor_Fox on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:42 pm

Oh, GldnClaw. I have not heard of the game Slender until you mentioned it, but then someone else mentioned it to me, so I am checking it out now. My curiosity has been peaked, even more so because it's a horror style game, and I've been starved for those as of late.

EDIT: I've tried it out. Super creepy. Makes me jump. Oh, heck yes. I'm loving it so far, and it's past midnight and all the lights are off. Huah ha ha ha. I don't think it's going to trump Silent Hill: Homecoming as far as scaring me the most, though. That game takes the cake so far.
Trevor_Fox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:43 pm

If you like horror, I've heard really good things about Amnesia: The Dark Decent.
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor_Fox on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:33 pm

I have too. I downloaded the demo, however; since I'm on a laptop, I can't get a new graphics card, and the integrated one doesn't allow me to play that specific game. Sad
Trevor_Fox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LeonMcBane on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:36 am

sadly, I've already played that, and a few of the custom stories (white Night and some other one)
LeonMcBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfPack on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:39 pm

I used to be a big Battlefield player on my ps3 but since it got the YLOD I've been playing Minecraft and Age of Empires 2 on my crappy computer.
WolfPack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stitches1974 on Fri May 24, 2013 10:12 am

I play PC and PS3 games. Im actually in the midst of playing 3 games. Borderlands 2 on the PC. Tales of Graces F and Ni No Kuni on the PS3. After those are done I will be replaying Eternal Sonata and going out and buying Star Ocean 4.

As you can tell, I'm a big RPG fan. I've been playing them since the early 80's. With solo play FPS games as a secondary favorite. I still have DOOM 3 on my PC when I want to go older school.
Stitches1974

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum