Uhm... hi!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Uhm... hi!

Post  Nezumi on Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:31 am

I'm Megan, I'm a mousie-squeak. My immediate family hasn't been Mormon since I was a small child, but literally my entire extended family are incredibly mainstream Mormons. Which... has colored some things. For instance, I genuinely didn't realize for the longest time that the creator of this comic actually was Mormon (At least, I'm pretty sure she is, now?) because although she seemed positive toward the religion and to know a lot about it, I had no experience with Mormons ever criticizing the LDS Church or other members. I'm also gay, trans, and very progressive and left-leaning, which makes things... fun.

I like games of all sorts, biology, researching stuff, reading webcomics, and more. ALso, I'm autistic?

I'm not great with these, and worried about oversharing.

Last edited by Nezumi on Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nezumi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uhm... hi!

Post  Bayrain on Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:09 pm

Hello, that is a mouth full of interesting things
Bayrain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bayrain on Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:17 pm

Hello, that is a mouth full of interesting things
Bayrain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty on Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:21 pm

Hi! Don't worry about it. I've seen introductions ranging from one sentence to one several-paragraph essay. You do you. And since you did you, I'll do me.

I'm Cutekitty. I'm 23 years and six days old and for my day job I do software engineering, quality assurance specifically. I studied English and physics in college. I'm also an aspiring writer and I've been paying rent on my own apartment for barely four months. There's a mess of junk mail, old bills, and random thingamabobs on my Ikea table. Offline, I am not a people person. Online, I'm a touch more friendly.

I like books, videogames, chess games, and Kraft macaroni. I also like to cook. Once a week, I make a substantial dish such as a quiche or pot of stew, then freeze and eat the leftovers for several days afterward.
Cutekitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adadave on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:28 pm

yeah...

I'm 16 and a pretty shaky with the LDS church (by shaky I mean I don't feel like being in it right now)... One parent is a convert so half of my extended family isn't mormon. Had a couple cousins leave as well once they turned 18.
I've been raised truely mormon and right now I pretty much act that way for my parents' and the community's sake. (I live in Utah). I know for a fact that I'd get quite the lecture for explaining I don't want to be mormon anymore. A lot of it came down to issues with doctrine (and how it came to be...)
So I'll go along with it for a couple more years and then come to a descision.
Adadave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum