Alice's Antipathy

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Alice's Antipathy

Post  kanna172003 on Fri May 22, 2015 7:31 am

Cariba wrote:Oh, such a low punch Very Happy

Aside from the new page, I understand why Louis feel for Diana, being passionate about your thing is a very attractive trait. However, there is a difference between actually wanting to achieve your goal and just blindly living it. As was mentioned before, if Diana finishes school and studies design afterwards, she will have a better chance of succeeding in being a fashion designer. Unfortunately, she is displaying miopian behavior, not being able to look at the long run. Moreover, her passion does not give her the right to ignore other peoples rights and desires. It's not even just the pencils or yarn, she allows Louis to negate his interests to help her with hers. Sorry, but I find it difficult giving Diana any sympathy.

I agree. Alice is no saint but Diana is pretty selfish too.
kanna172003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kanna172003 on Fri May 22, 2015 7:38 am

Ouch. Louis, I don't think you are a bad guy but boy, you are CLUELESS. I'm not even at all certain if Diana cares about him in the same way he does her. I mean, I do believe she considers him a friend but she doesn't seem to ever think about him at all, not in a romantic way. As Diana's friends have said, she seems to treat him more as a walking billboard. If she really cared about him, she wouldn't be pushing him to help with her hobbies at the expense of his own. Just like Diana, Louis has no way of knowing how long he will live and he can't put off his passion for acting until Diana is done establishing her fashion business. I doubt Diana even sees the irony in that.
kanna172003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty on Fri May 22, 2015 7:43 am

Ooh, ouch. e_e Blissful obliviousness is doing serious damage here.
Cutekitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor_Fox on Fri May 22, 2015 11:26 am

FRIENDZONED!!!
Trevor_Fox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Fri May 22, 2015 1:03 pm

Louis uses Obliviousness! It's super effective!
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyKaden on Fri May 22, 2015 2:50 pm

When I was their age, I had lists of things I could bead or draw, that I would hand out and worked on until I started getting carpal tunnel. Looking at Diana from and outside view, it's very easy to see how foolish, selfish, illogical, and harmful her goals are right now, but I have a hard time not feeling sympathy along with blaming her. When that drives hits, you tend to not think of others. Everything has to be perfect, you have to show how good you are right now because there are others your age and younger already at that point, and there's already a small nagging that you have to pay people back for their faith in you... And in Diana's case: pencils, yarn, time...

That said, Louis not studying his part isn't her fault. She may have asked, begged, demanded, in her short sight to be the best now, but he answered. He could have said no, but look at that face with the far off eyes and little bits of blush. She could have asked for the time and he'd give her the world. This is someone where, yeah, he wants to act, but I'm getting that the smile from a finished piece, the babbling over a new design, the beaming and show of confidence that Diana has showing off in school, is well worth any part to him in a comparison.

Alice isn't likely to see it that way. She seems likely to let her jealousy blame Diana more, especially after that last line... I can't wait for the confrontation that will likely be our resolution for these two.
LadyKaden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kanna172003 on Fri May 22, 2015 6:01 pm

LadyKaden wrote:When I was their age, I had lists of things I could bead or draw, that I would hand out and worked on until I started getting carpal tunnel. Looking at Diana from and outside view, it's very easy to see how foolish, selfish, illogical, and harmful her goals are right now, but I have a hard time not feeling sympathy along with blaming her. When that drives hits, you tend to not think of others. Everything has to be perfect, you have to show how good you are right now because there are others your age and younger already at that point, and there's already a small nagging that you have to pay people back for their faith in you... And in Diana's case: pencils, yarn, time...

That said, Louis not studying his part isn't her fault. She may have asked, begged, demanded, in her short sight to be the best now, but he answered. He could have said no, but look at that face with the far off eyes and little bits of blush. She could have asked for the time and he'd give her the world. This is someone where, yeah, he wants to act, but I'm getting that the smile from a finished piece, the babbling over a new design, the beaming and show of confidence that Diana has showing off in school, is well worth any part to him in a comparison.

Alice isn't likely to see it that way. She seems likely to let her jealousy blame Diana more, especially after that last line... I can't wait for the confrontation that will likely be our resolution for these two.

I'm thinking Diana's vice is selfishness. Alice's vice is jealousy.
kanna172003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Cardinal on Sat May 23, 2015 6:48 am

Louis is too good! bounce

(By the way, I have to say Ms. Natalie has gotten very good at the character emotions. pirat )
Mr. Cardinal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rubin_West on Sun May 24, 2015 11:02 am

...Aaaand next up, we have a top ten list of things Alice does NOT want to hear. Coming in at Number 10...

OUCHIE!

-Rubin.
Rubin_West

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The J.A.M. on Sun May 24, 2015 9:26 pm

"Prjoect"? Laughing Laughing Laughing
The J.A.M.

View user profile https://www.fanfiction.net/~thejamakanumbuhi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed on Mon May 25, 2015 12:36 am

This is great! I'm feeling more sympathy for Alice these days, and I really like her expressions in the last two panels. :-)

Mr Ed

View user profile http://Iron-Ed.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Page 423

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Mon May 25, 2015 12:36 am

The J.A.M. wrote:"Prjoect"? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Fixed! Wink

Ellen-Natalie

View user profile http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cariba on Mon May 25, 2015 2:23 am

Seems like Louis has good ground to connect with Romeo. He has a love interest that he is completely infatuated with and even if it's just a crush, he is completely devoted to her even at the cost of his own interests. Alice, on the other hand, does not have that privilege. She is more jealous of Diana than she is in love with Louis and has no experience in love in order to play Juliet.

Also, Alice, "good" is not a character trait.
Cariba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed on Mon May 25, 2015 4:31 pm

Dang-it, Alice! You just lost me again; and I -want- to like you. Rolling Eyes

Mr Ed

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Mon May 25, 2015 6:28 pm

If Alice can keep her emotions in check long enough to actually connect with Louis in the part she may come out ahead here, but I don't think she has quite managed that amount of self control yet. If she doesn't keep her emotion in check, unfortunately, I see it putting a significant crimp in her existing relationship with him.
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sneak Peak 424

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Wed May 27, 2015 8:17 pm

Page 424: Things seem to be going better than the last time...
Ellen-Natalie

View user profile http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Cardinal on Thu May 28, 2015 6:05 am

So Pretty! Embarassed
Mr. Cardinal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed on Thu May 28, 2015 11:13 pm

Keep it up, young lady, and you'll end up driving yourself straight to the psychologist's couch!

Mr Ed

Back to top Go down

Post  Rubin_West on Fri May 29, 2015 10:50 am

Oh this is gonna be the BEST Romeo and Juliet EVAH!!!!!!

(I have a feeling the Drama teacher is about to have a coronary! Shocked )

-Rubin.
Rubin_West

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Fri May 29, 2015 4:26 pm

ABANDON SHIP! SHE'S GONNA BLOW!
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kanna172003 on Fri May 29, 2015 7:26 pm

I think she's saying "No, this isn't what Juliet would want. She would not want Romeo pretending she was some other girl". I'm thinking she's going to end up being an angry Juliet-type. It might impress the drama teacher.
kanna172003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rising Blue on Sat May 30, 2015 9:35 am

What I've never understood is why young people who think they're in love insist on comparing themselves to Romeo and Juliet. Don't they know how it ends?
Rising Blue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Sat May 30, 2015 11:17 am

For the most part, no, they don't. While most people have heard of them, they've never actually seen the play or given much thought to how it ends (and why).

Kind of sad, really.
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kanna172003 on Sat May 30, 2015 11:20 am

Rising Blue wrote:What I've never understood is why young people who think they're in love insist on comparing themselves to Romeo and Juliet. Don't they know how it ends?

I think it's more to do with the fact that they love each other so much that they are willing to die for each other. That's true love.
kanna172003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed on Sat May 30, 2015 12:27 pm

Or at least in their inexperience they think they love each other that much.
I think it also adds a touch of 'romantic tragedy' to the ideas behind their relationship. Teenagers
like to feel like martyrs to parental and/or societal misunderstanding.

Mr Ed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum