Furry Experience - Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I had some downtime...

5 posters

Go down

So I had some downtime... Empty So I had some downtime...

Post  Cutekitty Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:36 pm

So I had some downtime... Serafi13

I hope that worked; I've never tried hosting an image before. In case it didn't, here's the url for the picture on Deviantart:

http://cutekitty2000.deviantart.com/art/Serafina-and-Alli-423625279

I'll paste what I typed in the description on Deviantart here too:

--------------------------------------------
I had some downtime, and I'm a huge fan of Ms. Ellen-Natalie's Furry Experience webcomic (furryexperience.smackjeeves.com), so I created a couple of OCs designed to fit, theoretically, somewhere in the FEverse. The lineart's a bit messy, and I didn't do any shading for this one. Alas, I was lazy. ^^;

Here's the story: Serafina and Alli De Silva are sisters, and they are like night and day. Serafina De Silva, the eldest, is nineteen years old and already has the personality of a classy, generous old lady. She's practically never seen in anything less formal than a skirt and blouse, likes soap operas and similar literature (works by Jane Austen, for example), and habitually uses terms like "darling," "dear," "sweetheart," and, for Alli and Alli alone, "scruffmuffin." She's a shameless romantic, sings both in and out of the shower (again shamelessly), used to take dance lessons, struts with the confidence of a queen, and is considering majoring in psychology with a concentration in gender studies (she's a freshman at university).

Alli De Silva is sixteen years old, a sophomore in high school. She, unlike her older sister, possesses both introversion and shyness, and the latter shows in how she wears her height; though tall like her sister (currently a few inches under, but she'll probably catch up in a year or two), Alli's habit of slouching and slumping in on herself makes her appear considerably shorter. Alli's preferred activities are reading, sketching, reading, videogames, reading, jogging, and did I mention reading? Alli may not say much, but she soaks up information like a sponge and processes it like a cutting-edge factory, which means she goes through books like junk food addicts go through Cheetos.

These two care for each other dearly but often struggle to bridge the gap between their personalities. Serafina absolutely dotes on Alli (as you've probably guessed already) and is constantly making her snacks, trying to strike up conversation, and inviting her to girls' evenings out, but while Alli invariably accepts the snacks, her answers are typically monosyllabic, and she rarely agrees to her elder sister's proposed excursions. In turn, Alli admires Serafina but suffers from a bit of an inferiority complex due to Serafina's greater confidence and physical and social grace. Whenever the two are out together, Alli pretty much leaves her sister to do all the talking. Alli also occasionally invites Serafina to join her for videogames, and Serafina, though not a video game aficionado, almost always accepts.

...Well, that was fun. Happy New Year's Eve, everybody!
-----------------------------------------------------------

And, ah, that's it. I tried to imitate Ms. Natalie's style a little bit, though of course I can't do as good a job and there are still stylistic differences (Edit: Like the eyes. WOW I did that totally differently, no eye whites or anything xD). Anyway, I thought I'd go ahead and share here~
Cutekitty
Cutekitty

Back to top Go down

So I had some downtime... Empty Re: So I had some downtime...

Post  Mr. Cardinal Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:07 am

Sounds interesting, but Alli (which is supposed to be said like "Allie?") kind of looks like a boy in the picture.  Neutral
Mr. Cardinal
Mr. Cardinal

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor_Fox Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:14 am

Nice. I enjoy the thought put into the characters and the differences between them. =3
Trevor_Fox
Trevor_Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:30 pm

That looks great! Opposite personalities always make for fun stories Very Happy
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:59 pm

Mr. Cardinal: Yup, pronounced Allie. Maybe I should've spelled it like that. ^^;

The "boyish" look was (at least partially) intentional. Alli's wardrobe choices tend to be comfortable, plain, concealing clothes that she can sort of hide in, so to speak. She is, ah, not super-curvy in the first place, and then those clothes cover most of the subtle curves and features that distinguish female anatomy from male. Combine that with how she doesn't typically use any makeup or jewelry or do things that are traditionally an expression of femininity, and yeah, it's supposed to be harder to tell with her. Granted, perhaps I did go a bit overboard or didn't do some of her features quite right; it's not my intention for her to seem particularly masculine so much as it is for her to appear much less obviously feminine than Serafina.

At any rate, thanks for the feedback!  Smile 

Trevor_Fox: Thanks! I enjoyed coming up with them. =3

Ellen-Natalie: Aw, thanks!  And yes, yes they do~ Very Happy 
Cutekitty
Cutekitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikachao Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:26 pm

I like Serafina's personality from her bio, she'd have a lot of story arc potential.
Pikachao
Pikachao

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:00 am

Pikachao: Thanks! I do have some ideas floating around. Really vague ideas. Maybe someday I will play with them.
Cutekitty
Cutekitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum