Why do you love FE?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why do you love FE?

Post  Mr. Cardinal on Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:15 am

I loved the whole "sex ed" arc. That's the story I liked the most and is what really drew me into the series. bounce
Mr. Cardinal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do you love FE?

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:51 pm

Because it's caused a gathering of great fans-more than I ever thought it would. Very Happy
Ellen-Natalie

View user profile http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Slim Shadow on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:46 pm

Because I'm LDS and furry, and I just loved it at first sight. It's a very funny slice of life look of Utah, told by lovable animals.
Slim Shadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:19 am

I love FE for a couple of reasons. These are in no particular order.

First, it's nice light fare. It's a pleasant break from the vast majority of other comics out there that, as time goes along, tend to get into bigger more universe spanning stories. Granted I enjoy my heavy stories, and the vast majority of all the webcomics I read deal with story lines that affect their entire universe, but FE is a nice break from that.

Second, it's family friendly. I don't have to worry about my kids accidentally seeing it or some such. On top of that, who's getting it on with who (and how graphically) is actually something of a turn-off for me. Removing that from the equation can only be a boon for FE.

Third, there is wonderful artist/community involvement. Ms. Natalie has been amazing at interacting with her fans. She's the single most active poster here on the forums and only a very small portion of that are announcements and the like. On top of that, she actively engages people on other sites such as FurAffinity.

Fourth ties in with third. I LOVE the world building that takes place here in the forums. I honestly never expected the FE Universe Questions thread to take off the way it did (let alone get a response). This wouldn't be possible if it weren't for the graciousness of Ms. Natalie.
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed on Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:04 pm

How do I love thee,
Our Furry Experience?
Let me count the ways...

Rolling Eyes Laughing Smile 

Dang; I need a refresher with the Count of Numbers!
It's really hard to say exactly why I like FE so much. A lot of it is just the wonderful interplay with Ellen-Natalie and the Fans. Everyone is so nice and there's no real bickering about anything. Of course, none of that would mean anything if the strip itself was not so enjoyable, both in art style and quality, and an enjoyable story line(s). The characters are very nicely drawn and they fit their written personalities so well that it's easy to be attracted to them and to care about their lives.

Mr Ed

View user profile http://Iron-Ed.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bayrain on Fri May 16, 2014 7:31 pm

These comics are the best I have ever read before in my entire life.The comics are funny and stuff in the comics yoi never see coming.
These comic is like my crew and our lives.Suprised there's not many comments.
I guess most people like it because of the characters.
*cough* *cough* Ronnie *cough*
Bayrain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty on Sat May 17, 2014 5:16 pm

I like it because it's light and humorous and sweet but still substantial; it deals with episodes of growth and genuine conflict, which I believe are essential for powerful stories. Hm, sweet and substantial... if Furry Experience were a food, perhaps it would be like slices of chocolate cake.

I also like what it excludes; it seems to me that a lot of comics--and entertainment media in general--tend to focus too much on romance and sex and the like for my tastes. I don't have a problem with a little bit of it going on in the background, and even if a story has those matters at the forefront, if it explores them in a genuinely complex and interesting way, I enjoy that. However, I think having those (especially in excess, or simply done poorly) in a story that's meant to have a different sort of focus detracts from the work instead of adding to it. I think Furry Experience is pretty good about avoiding that pitfall. And I find the lighthearted, PG-related content in general, as opposed to PG13 or R, refreshing.

The art style's simple but clean, colorful, and pleasing to the eye, which I think is perfect for a comic like Furry Experience.

And the artist's an awesome person, and the people here are awesome people, so basically the forums and community are AWESOME. This feels like a safe and warm place, and I really appreciate that.
Cutekitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The J.A.M. on Sat May 17, 2014 10:00 pm

I followed it because I was hoping that Dawn would soon throw Brian out of her life for constantly stealing her pencils.

Last edited by The J.A.M. on Wed May 21, 2014 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
The J.A.M.

View user profile https://www.fanfiction.net/~thejamakanumbuhi

Back to top Go down

Post  Joule on Wed May 21, 2014 8:19 pm

The reason I love FE. It is a good story to read in my free time. Second is because it is in Utah,my home state.. The story brings together fact and faith, and there was someone out there who found a way to make it funny. Final is because of how the art changes over time without much noticing. I been reading This stuff since 2011 and didn't know there was a site until now. Very Happy
Joule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kanna172003 on Wed May 21, 2014 8:26 pm

I like it because Cat reminds me of myself when I was younger.
kanna172003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Wed May 21, 2014 10:29 pm

The J.A.M. wrote:I followed it because I was hoping that Dawn would soon throw Brian out of her life for constantly stealing her pencils.

In all fairness, Brian was expecting this to happen too. :p
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  The J.A.M. on Thu May 22, 2014 9:02 am

I was kinda disappointed when they got together, too. Brian was just so........annoying.
The J.A.M.

Back to top Go down

Post  kanna172003 on Thu May 22, 2014 1:42 pm

Why is everyone bashing on Brian? No one is perfect and he means well. I think he's perfectly sweet, even if he is a little absent-minded and accident-prone.
kanna172003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed on Thu May 22, 2014 8:08 pm

I think Brian has been an excellent portrayal of a young, slightly shy, young man trying to deal with his first serious crush. Rolling Eyes  Smile 

Mr Ed

Back to top Go down

Post  The J.A.M. on Thu May 22, 2014 9:58 pm

Who couldn't find 25 cents or more in his house to buy his own freakin' pencils?
The J.A.M.

Back to top Go down

Getting back on topic...

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Thu May 22, 2014 11:06 pm

Sorry I steered the conversation towards a tangent - let me see if I can help get back on the thread's topic ^^;

I love how despite the original cast being inspired by myself and people I knew, the FE characters have since grown into their own unique personalities.
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed on Fri May 23, 2014 12:05 am

The J.A.M. wrote:Who couldn't find 25 cents or more in his house to buy his own freakin' pencils?
If I remember the beginning of the arc correctly, it was never about Brian not being able to scrounge up 25 cents, it was about him being careless and forgetful. It was only later that he got into the bad habit of constantly borrowing from Dawn, and even later he did it semi-on-purpose just so he could have something to talk to her about.  I love you 

Mr Ed

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed on Fri May 23, 2014 12:11 am

Ellen-Natalie wrote:Sorry I steered the conversation towards a tangent - let me see if I can help get back on the thread's topic ^^;

I love how despite the original cast being inspired by myself and people I knew, the FE characters have since grown into their own unique personalities.
It is definitely fun to watch your characters grow and do!  I have never consciously based the characters in the stories I write on anyone in particular; but, they regularly do things that I had not planned for the story.  Which might have something to do with why I like reading and rereading -my own- stories!  Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

Mr Ed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum