Furry Experience - Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I a "furry"?

5 posters

Go down

Am I a "furry"? Empty Am I a "furry"?

Post  Mr. Cardinal Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:43 pm

I just always enjoyed shows with cartoon animals more than anything else when I was younger and always wondered why they weren't more popular.

I don't feel right calling myself anything, I just find they are more interesting than people to look at. Neutral
Mr. Cardinal
Mr. Cardinal

Back to top Go down

Am I a "furry"? Empty Re: Am I a "furry"?

Post  LeonMcBane Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:48 pm

The best part about being a furry, is that you get to define that yourself. If all you do is lurk about websites, make comments and save pictures, you claim just as much as someone who is on their third fursuit and goes to every event. If you feel like it, you are.
LeonMcBane
LeonMcBane

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:44 pm

Mr. Claw pretty much nailed it there.

The real trick is to not get caught up in whether or not you are, but to simply enjoy the culture/works/community for what it is. I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone get bent out of shape because someone else didn't agree with their definition for themselves.
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:40 am

Up to you whether you're furry or not, and what 'furry' means.

Some people insist I'm a furry, but I don't really have a fursona or feel connections with a specific animal - so I call myself an anthro artist.
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor_Fox Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:25 pm

Yes, you get to decide that for yourself. But the point you made, Mr. Cardinal, reminds me of an interview I read involving Dean Dodrill. He created a game known as Dust: An Elysian Tail. All the characters are anthropomorphic. Because of this, he got labeled as a furry. In an interview, he claimed of never hearing about 'furry' before he made the game. He didn't consider himself a furry, and he drew inspiration from old Disney classics and similar material. And he states the reason he made his characters humanoid animals was because he thought it was more interesting. He actually started out with humans for his game, and he thought it was boring so he changed it.
Trevor_Fox
Trevor_Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum