Furry Experience - Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Lovely Spam Bots

3 posters

Go down

Our Lovely Spam Bots Empty Our Lovely Spam Bots

Post  Latrans Wed May 15, 2013 2:08 am

I wouldn't normally post a thread in this section of the board, but it seemed the best place for it.

Some of you may have noticed that there have been a couple bots that have popped up on the board lately. As a regular visitor the single best thing you can do is to not respond to them.

As a general rule, bots are programed to check the "notify on reply" box checked in the user settings. This means if you reply to the post, it will generate an email that will notify the bot that this is an active forum and mark it as a target for more bots.

It can be annoying, especially if it's in the middle of an active topic, but the best thing you can do is avoid the thread until an admin (or mod if/when there are any) can delete the post.
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Our Lovely Spam Bots Empty Re: Our Lovely Spam Bots

Post  Ellen-Natalie Wed May 15, 2013 3:24 pm

Thanks for posting this, Latrans! I'm trying to get the bots removed, but appreciate everyone's patience in the meantime.
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Thu May 16, 2013 12:21 am

No worries. I used to be second-in-command at another forum and my primary duty was bot-squashing. Wink
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Our Lovely Spam Bots Empty Ya'll are awesome

Post  Ellen-Natalie Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:54 pm

I just wanted to thank everyone concerning the spam attack today. There was several hateful things posted, and nobody responded or took the troll bait in any way. It took a couple hours to remove the "users" in question and their dozens of threads, and I appreciate you all being so patient while it was being taken care of.

In response to this latest fiasco, a few changes have been made on the Admin settings - for starters, guests can read and view images over the forums, but no longer are permitted to post. Any new users who register from this point on will also need their registration approved by an Admin, instead of just confirming their own email.
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor_Fox Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:33 am

Wow. I totally missed this, but it's a good thing I did. I probably would've made the mistake of responding to one. Glad it all got cleaned up. =3
Trevor_Fox
Trevor_Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum