Random FE Universe Questions!

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Random FE Universe Questions!

Post  Joule on Fri May 30, 2014 1:28 am

kanna172003 wrote:
Joule wrote:What do they use to make glue???? 
Shocked 

Flour and water?

Okay at First This sounds like a stupid question but most products of glue(and jello) are made with hooves.That's why elmers glue has a goat on the front.
Joule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Sat May 31, 2014 10:32 am

Thanks for answering some of the repeated questions, Latrans!

the J.A.M. wrote:Who supplies the majority of...eggs?

It's theorized that in ancient times, avian cultures may have sold/traded their sterile eggs to mammals as food. However, today most eggs products you'll see are artificially manufactured by companies. Some of these artificial concoctions are actually healthier than real eggs.

Dogboy09 wrote:How did physical characteristics such as fangs and claws develop in predatory species?

Most predatory species have smaller fangs and claws at birth, which grow into their full, adult size during puberty. If these items grow faster than the rest of a young person's body, (particularly with fangs,) some children will wear braces on their teeth or or clawgear to bed each night to ensure these items grow in straight.

Dogboy09 wrote:Do reptiles have the ability to regrow lost appendages?  If so, could an animal with a reptile parent have this ability?

There are many legends in reptile cultures about this happening, but no confirmed evidence in modern history that it's ever occurred. Some theorize this was possible once, but interbreeding with other species has since caused this ability to be lost.

Dogboy09 wrote:
Dogboy09 wrote:How did domesticated species of animals come to be?  Was eugenics involved?

Actually when I said domesticated animals I meant differences in breeds, such as Hunter being a husky or malamute while Luke is a Labrador. Features such as a curly tail or floppy ears usually indicate domestication to some degree, at least in RL. Since domestication would probably considered some sort of slavery in FE, I assume that features that normally come with domestication were selected for in another way - hence my speculation about eugenics being involved.

It's difficult to tell exactly when different species breeds and 'domesticated' traits began appearing.  For a long time, it was believed most domestic breeds known today began appearing at the start of the industrial revolution - but then portraits found in an abandoned storage house in England proved these breeds could be dated even earlier. Every time a timeline is established for a breed, new evidence documents the breed at an earlier date.

Dogboy09 wrote:Are there any animals with digitigrade feet in the FE universe?  If so, what do they do as far as shoes go?

Such genetic mutations are not unheard of, but extremely rare. In the early 1900s, the only place the average person would event see such things would be at an attraction for a traveling circus - along with the 'unicorn' and 'dragon.' However, like the 'unicorn' with a fastened horn and 'dragon' wearing a vest with wings sewn on, the 'Digitigrade Feet' were usually props.

Nowadays, if someone is born with digitigrade feet, there are surgeries available to modify the feet into a more manageable shape. However, of the few recorded individuals with this condition, some opted instead to keep their feet the way they are, remaining barefoot for most of their lives.

Dogboy09 wrote:How do you account for scriptures with animal references, such as Isaiah 65:25?

The Bible as we know it today is not the same Bible that was written hundreds of years ago. Between now and then there have been several reproductions, and each reproduction has undergone its own edits, omissions, and translations. This can especially cause confusion when reproducing symbolic and metaphoric books in the Bible, like Isaiah. Different editions will share the same passage different ways, and different people will interpret the same passage different ways.

For example, looking up this verse in a quad (A book which contains four different scripture: The Bible,  the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price) the chapter starts with a summary - explaining how the "Lord's people will rejoice and triumph during the Millennium." The verses leading up to verse 25 talk about different ways the Lord's people will prosper, then the verse in question talks about the lion laying with the lamb. Some say this phrase is a metaphor for the peace the Lord's people experience. Others claim it's a literal translation of peaceful cohabitation. And the rest of us fell asleep, as is unspoken tradition when reading Isaiah.

Last edited by Ellen-Natalie on Sat May 31, 2014 6:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
Ellen-Natalie

View user profile http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed on Sat May 31, 2014 4:20 pm

Ellen-Natalie wrote:. . .And the rest of us fell asleep, as is unspoken tradition when reading Isaiah.

Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing

Mr Ed

View user profile http://Iron-Ed.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bayrain on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:16 pm

-Are rats and mice techically the midgit population in FE or can all types of animals can be relativly short.
-Are there jewish pigs
-Is hunting known as a horror story to tell kids at campfires
-Is there a underground fighting rings still
-How can a porkie pine ride in a hot air ballon
-What type of animal is leading as president in the US
Bayrain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:32 pm

Bayrain wrote:Are rats and mice techically the midgit population in FE or can all types of animals can be relativly short.

A full-grown mouse is typically shorter than the average mammal height. However, their torso and limbs are otherwise proportionate and fully developed. Most rats will grow to average mammal height.

Bayrain wrote:Are there jewish pigs

Yes.

Bayrain wrote:Is hunting known as a horror story to tell kids at campfires

In terms of a predator stalking prey, yes. (Some classics include The Lone Werewolf and The Silver Claw.) If you are referring to guns, those are more commonly known as weapons of war or for their use in target competitions.

Bayrain wrote:Is there a underground fighting rings still

The first rule of underground fighting rings: Don't talk about underground fighting rings.

Bayrain wrote:How can a porkie pine ride in a hot air ballon

The same way he can fly a plane: with classes, certification, practice, and the proper equipment.

Bayrain wrote:What type of animal is leading as president in the US

A mammal, though some argue he's really reptillian.
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  kanna172003 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:31 pm

In this world, what kind of animals would Lady Gaga, Oprah, Whoopi Goldburg and Jim Carrey be?
kanna172003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:06 am

This isn't dealing with the universe directly, but does have something to do with the meta-universe...

Ms. Natalie, you've mentioned before you don't identify as "furry", so what made you decide to create FE with a cast of funny animals?
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:57 am

kanna172003 wrote:In this world, what kind of animals would Lady Gaga, Oprah, Whoopi Goldburg and Jim Carrey be?

Lady Gaga is definitely be feline, but she changes her look so often it's hard to pinpoint an exact species.
Oprah is canine. Though her looks also change frequently, there is definitely traces of Liberian breeds in her facial structure.
Whoopie is a mixed breed of American canine, but styles her fur to look like a Komondor breed.
Jim is a Nova Scotia Duck Trolling Retriever/Lab mix. Both breed's trademarked high energy can be seen in his performances.

Latrans wrote:Ms. Natalie, you've mentioned before you don't identify as "furry", so what made you decide to create FE with a cast of funny animals?

The reason I don't identify as 'Furry' is because my definition of a Furry is someone with a Fursona, or feels an affinity towards a particular animal - of which I have neither. However, I've always enjoyed animal characters in stories - and when my husband introduced me to a fandom which revolved around stories with animal characters, it got me excited to draw. I wanted to participate in the fandom by creating a story of my own. FE was specifically made for the Furry Fandom to enjoy.
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:00 pm

Ellen-Natalie wrote:FE was specifically made for the Furry Fandom to enjoy.

I think it's working. Very Happy
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rising Blue on Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi there, thought I'd get in on the action.

There was a question a while back about Disney movies, which I don't think has been answered yet, but got me wondering what kind of animal the man himself was. The obvious guess is that Walt was a mouse, but if that's the case what became his big break then?

On a related topic, what would Orville and Wilbur Wright have been?

And since I'm a bit of a nut on the topic, Amelia Earhart, Charles Lindbergh, and Howard Hughes.
Rising Blue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kanna172003 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:27 pm

I had an idea for a music group. What do you think of the "Spice Squirrels"?
kanna172003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:31 am

Rising Blue wrote:There was a question a while back about Disney movies, which I don't think has been answered yet, but got me wondering what kind of animal the man himself was. The obvious guess is that Walt was a mouse, but if that's the case what became his big break then?

On a related topic, what would Orville and Wilbur Wright have been?

And since I'm a bit of a nut on the topic, Amelia Earhart, Charles Lindbergh, and Howard Hughes.

Walt was indeed a mouse - his big break creating animated sequences of a Mouse and his animated friends, which eventually grew into the animation juggernaut we refer to as Bisney, to avoid lawsuits.

Orville, Wilbur, Amelia, Charles and Howard were all brilliant engineers and pilots who also happened to be Avian. Orville and Wilbur are famously known for being inspired by a researcher's theories of how Avian ancestors had flight capabilities.

kanna172003 wrote:I had an idea for a music group. What do you think of the "Spice Squirrels"?

Laughing
They're awesome! Sarah's siblings have an embarrassing recording of her as a tweenager singing "If you want to be my a-corn?"

Last edited by Ellen-Natalie on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I'm not as big of a fan of Spice Squirrels as Sarah, and got the lyrics wrong.)
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Rising Blue on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:20 am

^Does it compare with Cat singing the peanut butter song, though?
Rising Blue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The J.A.M. on Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:03 am

Are rabbits, foxes, and yes, maybe even lions, considered to be extremely promiscuous, or at least generally very sexually active, even if it is only with their Significant Other™?
The J.A.M.

View user profile https://www.fanfiction.net/~thejamakanumbuhi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:54 pm

The J.A.M. wrote:Are rabbits, foxes, and yes, maybe even lions, considered to be extremely promiscuous, or at least generally very sexually active, even if it is only with their Significant Other™?

That's just stereotypes. Of course, the Entertainment Industry doesn't help much with combating them...
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Rising Blue on Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:09 pm

Did the pioneers pull their own wagons across the plains, or did they hire crews of oxen to do it for them?

EDIT: Wait, if they were oxen, that means they were missing...something important.
Rising Blue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:48 pm

Can't say for the question itself, but for the EDIT, I can point out that "oxen" is simply a bovine draft animal, castration is not a requirement. I believe you are thinking of the term "steer". Wink
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:00 pm

Rising Blue wrote:Did the pioneers pull their own wagons across the plains, or did they hire crews of oxen to do it for them?

Some pioneers could afford to hire oxen to pull their wagons, but the majority of pioneer immigrants crossed the plains pulling their own supplies via handcart.

Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed on Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:44 pm

That is so cool!  Mormon journey reenactment equipment??

Now, why does it remind me of a submarine sandwich that's been sliced into party-platter sized sections?  Razz

Mr Ed

View user profile http://Iron-Ed.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kanna172003 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:28 am

Is bear girl from the double date the girl who wanted Diana to make her an outfit?

http://furryexperience.smackjeeves.com/comics/1882084/page-328/
kanna172003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rubin_West on Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:48 pm

kanna172003 wrote:Is bear girl from the double date the girl who wanted Diana to make her an outfit?

http://furryexperience.smackjeeves.com/comics/1882084/page-328/

I think Diana still goes to high-school, soooo uh, I don't think Jacob would date someone that young? No
Dunno I could be wrong...
Maybe there are two bear girls and Jacob dated the older sister? scratch

(I'm not a real detective I just play one on Forums.)

-Rubin.
Rubin_West

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:08 pm

kanna172003 wrote:Is bear girl from the double date the girl who wanted Diana to make her an outfit?

Nope, nor are they related.
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Rising Blue on Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:41 pm

Latrans wrote:I believe you are thinking of the term "steer". Wink

Probably, but what made me think that was actually a line from 1776.

John Dickinson: Now what's wrong with being called an Englishman? The English don't seem to mind.
Benjamin Franklin: Nor would I were I given the full rights of an Englishman, but to call me one without those rights is like calling an ox a bull. He's thankful for the honor but he'd much rather have restored what's rightfully his (uproarious laughter from Congress)
John Dickinson (deadpan) When did you first notice they were missing, sir? (more laughter)

On that topic, what was ol' Ben?

And in regards to the latest strip (not the competition ones), how is the bird guy holding that? Are those feathers, or does he actually have fingers?

Rising Blue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:27 pm

Rising Blue wrote:And in regards to the latest strip (not the competition ones), how is the bird guy holding that? Are those feathers, or does he actually have fingers

They are fingers, though their bone structure is much lighter and considered to have potentially evolved from the skeletal structure of winged ancestors.
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:41 am

Do adult male lions grow manes?
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content