Furry Experience - Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random FE Universe Questions!

+20
Bayrain
Joule
Dogboy09
xXEagleboyXx
Banjo(Auz)
TachisAlopex
Raine
artguy
THE COLONEL
Cutekitty
Mr. Cardinal
LeonMcBane
kanna172003
Pikachao
Mr Ed
Slim Shadow
JeffCvt
Ellen-Natalie
The J.A.M.
Latrans
24 posters

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Random FE Universe Questions! - Page 6 Empty Re: Random FE Universe Questions!

Post  Mr. Cardinal Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:15 am

Considering the current arc why hasn't anyone asked this?

What animal was Jesus? What animal is god? Are there arguments about what god really looks like? Question 
Mr. Cardinal
Mr. Cardinal

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:20 am

Actually it has been asked. Check out the previous page of this thread.Laughing

Just not officially answered (yet).

Banjo(Auz) wrote:I also have a question.

What species is the FE Jesus?
And what about Joseph Smith?
... And Nephi?
... And Moses?
The J.A.M. wrote:Jesus may have been a ram, "The Lamb of God", or he could have been an Asian Lion.
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:52 am

Oh man, I'm way behind on these! Time to play some catch up:

xXEagleboyXx wrote:Hey, forgive me if this is a stupid or dumb question, but just how old is Cat, anyways? I mean, she looks to be around 22 or 21, but I can't be quite sure...
Both Cat and Ronnie are 19, Dawn is 21.

Banjo(Auz) wrote:What species is the FE Jesus?
And what about Joseph Smith?
... And Nephi?
... And Moses?
Joseph Smith had a linage of several canine species, but his dominant appearance was that of a border collie.

The species of scripture characters vary depending on the artist who portrays him, but Nephi is usually depicted as a large feline, Moses canine, and Christ is traditionally depicted as a large feline of some sort. However, some argue this westernized versions are not accurate-due to their birthplace and lineage, it's far more likely they are of avian and reptilian descent.

artguy wrote:was Bela Lugosi a vampire bat mainly because i would think vampires in FE would be around bat all the same

and what would ed wood jr be?

and is hollywood in FE be differant with anthros or just the same as today?
Bela Lugosi was actually avian, a Great Cormorant. Though make-up was used to make his face appear more like the giant bat Dracula, his intense stare and black plumage are what made his film characters famous.

Ed Wood Jr. had a variety of canine species in his family tree, but his dominant appearance is similar to a Finnish Spintz.

Hollywood is home to many celebrities-most whose names you'd recognize. However, some celebrity names may sound like bad puns.

The J.A.M. wrote:Did we already ask how equines hold things with solid hooves?
As discussed previously, the mechanics very between different hoofed mammals-but they all are able to hold and operate things as effectively mammals with hands-sometimes even more effectively. (Like learning chopsticks.) Equine hooves feel solid to the touch, but their owners are able to manipulate them enough to hold objects.

Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:05 pm

Ellen-Natalie wrote:
artguy wrote:was Bela Lugosi a vampire bat mainly because i would think vampires in FE would be around bat all the same
and what would ed wood jr be?
and is hollywood in FE be differant with anthros or just the same as today?

"Plan 9 From Outer Space"? :-)  Who played the aliens and zombie slaves??  :-)

Mr Ed

http://Iron-Ed.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:08 am

Mr Ed wrote:
"Plan 9 From Outer Space"? :-)  Who played the aliens and zombie slaves??  :-)

Mammals with limited acting skills, who were willing to wear the outfits and makeup. Wink
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  artguy Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:10 pm

so as their are anthro sharks in FE ill like to ask about water parks, how different would the rides be given some anthros would have tails, back fins, spikes and other things you dont want to have when going down a slide?

and do anthro sea critter play treats on the non sea critter in the parks?
artguy
artguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:28 pm

Ellen-Natalie wrote:Shoot, I wanna try answering these ^^

Latrans wrote:Are there avians in FE? I'd have to re-read the archives, but I don't recall seeing any.

What about reptiles or insects? Or even aquatic animals such as fish, squid or ... sponges? Suspect
There are definitely avians and reptiles, though they're not as common around Utah. (There's actually an avian character coming into the comic later on! And there is one reptile drawn in the background of one page. Invisible special points to whoever can find the page.)

There has yet to be any evidence of advanced aquatic or insect civilizations found, though it has been a popular topic for fantasy books and films.
As for the question of how things like slides work, I suspect it's the same answer as things like pool filters: they work the same, though there are some minor changes to engineering. You'll have to remember that the things in FE were designed from the ground up by and for antros within a universe that never saw human civilization. They're not taking our tech and modifying it for their use as we (humans) never existed in that world to begin with.
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  xXEagleboyXx Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:15 am

Just when was Cat born, anyways? I know she's 19 and all, but you gotta have a Birth-Date for her!!
xXEagleboyXx
xXEagleboyXx

Location : Currently in my Gummi-Ship, traveling the cosmos...

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Cardinal Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:25 am

I was thinking up some character ideas and some questions came to me.

Please tell me everything about skunks in the FE world. study
Mr. Cardinal
Mr. Cardinal

Back to top Go down

Post  The J.A.M. Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:12 am

Do fur/feather/scales tan? Already asked that, sorry.

Is nudity taboo everywhere in general, or only in the local region they're in?

Last edited by The J.A.M. on Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
The J.A.M.
The J.A.M.

https://www.fanfiction.net/~thejamakanumbuhi

Back to top Go down

Post  artguy Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:28 am

what are the most common species in each regon of the world as you noted the meddle east is full of lizards and birds so would russia have bears and other winter mammals?
artguy
artguy

Back to top Go down

Post  The J.A.M. Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:35 am

IRL, if a horse, donkey, mule, or zebra should break a leg, it has to be euthanized immediately because it's practically impossible to set the bone right again and have it heal properly while keeping it free from infection (a friend who owns horses says that very few blood vessels reach the leg bones, and with there being practically no fatty tissue or muscles in some parts of the legs, a fracture almost always gets exposed, and infection immediately sets in).

Do equines in the FE universe have similar problems with fractured arms and legs?
The J.A.M.
The J.A.M.

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:19 pm

Given the basically human physiology, I would venture to guess that injuries work pretty much as they do in our world save for the few physical differences such as antlers and tails.
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  The J.A.M. Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:23 am

Do amphibians have problems keeping their skin moist and their clothes dry at the same time?
The J.A.M.
The J.A.M.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:39 pm

I predict the return of the polyester leisure suit! :-) Doesn't breathe worth beans so it can hold the moisture for the amphibians' skin, and the use of light colors in the summer will reduce overheating due to sunlight. :-)

Mr Ed

http://Iron-Ed.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:44 pm

Was Leisure Suit Larry a lizard? Laughing 
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  artguy Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:31 pm

are lizards in FE cold blooded?
artguy
artguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:30 pm

I got this one! From earlier in this thread (page 3):

Ellen-Natalie wrote:
The J.A.M. wrote:Do cold-blooded species exist here? And if they do, do they find it difficult or even life-threatening to function in a winter environment?

Latrans wrote:Are they ectothermic?

There are reptiles in the FE Universe, and maintaining a healthy weight is essential to maintaining their endothermic capabilities. Those most effected by ectothermic effects are younger reptiles, who are still developing an internal temperature, and reptiles who are underweight. (Most adult cases are found in modeling industries and third world countries.)

Basically, no, lizards are not cold blooded, but they do run on a lower internal temperature and have a little more trouble maintaining it.
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  artguy Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:17 am

Latrans wrote:I got this one! From earlier in this thread (page 3):

Ellen-Natalie wrote:
The J.A.M. wrote:Do cold-blooded species exist here? And if they do, do they find it difficult or even life-threatening to function in a winter environment?

Latrans wrote:Are they ectothermic?

There are reptiles in the FE Universe, and maintaining a healthy weight is essential to maintaining their endothermic capabilities. Those most effected by ectothermic effects are younger reptiles, who are still developing an internal temperature, and reptiles who are underweight. (Most adult cases are found in modeling industries and third world countries.)

Basically, no, lizards are not cold blooded, but they do run on a lower internal temperature and have a little more trouble maintaining it.

in that case, is there pick up lines around being "cold blooded" that reptiles use, do reptiles have feathers for hair or just birds, and are reptiles more heavy dressed than others or not?
artguy
artguy

Back to top Go down

Post  artguy Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:19 am

can bats hang upsidedown from there feet, and if so, does it make pull ups easier?
artguy
artguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:25 am

Wow, a lot of questions have piled up! This next weekend is slated for working on the FE scripts, I'll start answering these questions then, too! Very Happy
Also, thanks to everyone who's been helping answer questions in the meantime!

Last edited by Ellen-Natalie on Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because it's important to thank awesome people)
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikachao Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:16 pm

With regards to last names, are all people named after their species (Doe, Feline, etc) or is it more varied and the people named after their species are like people named Smith or Baker where their last name was their ancestors unique thing in their community?
Pikachao
Pikachao

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:27 am

artguy wrote:in that case, is there pick up lines around being "cold blooded" that reptiles use?

I know this one! Unless you are a phenomenally skilled orator, I suspect this would be incredibly difficult to pull off. From page 5 of this thread:
Ellen-Natalie wrote:Here is a short list of thinks you should never do/say:

Assume a canine loves bones.

Ask a feline why their pupils aren't slits.

Say 'Clop-Clop!' to a hooved mammal when you want them to hurry.

Describe a reptile as 'cold-blooded.'

Wash your hands immediately after interacting with a rodent 'to get rid of germs.'

Call another avian 'fowl' if you are not also avian.
(bold added for emphasis)

I have my guesses (and supporting evidence) to answer the other two questions, but since I don't know for certain, I'm going to hold off to keep from accidentally stepping on Ms. Natalie's toes.

Pikachao wrote:With regards to last names, are all people named after their species (Doe, Feline, etc) or is it more varied and the people named after their species are like people named Smith or Baker where their last name was their ancestors unique thing in their community?

It's now 2:30 in the morning and I *really* need to get to bed. Short answer: no, the species naming quirks are just Ms. Natalie having a bit of fun with them and there are other names out there. I'll edit this with links and a more fleshed out answer hopefully tomorrow.
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:58 pm

artguy wrote:Dnd or pathfinder or tabletop RPG be like in FE, would there still be elves and orks (or orks with a "C")

The most common fantasy species are Insectiods, Mer creatures, and other species originating in mythology. Another popular choice is common mammals who have unique abilities, such as Avians who can fly.

artguy wrote:so as their are anthro sharks in FE ill like to ask about water parks, how different would the rides be given some anthros would have tails, back fins, spikes and other things you dont want to have when going down a slide?

and do anthro sea critter play treats on the non sea critter in the parks?

In regards to waterslides and waterparks, Latrans has the right idea-most parks have extra-strong filters and offer protective equiptment to help their patrons avoid injury to their protruding physical features while enjoying the park facilities. This equiptment is usually a large plastic ring, inflated with air which can fit snugly around fins, tails or other features and be ridden safely on down the slide. These "Inflatable Tubes" have gained a lot of popularity of parks, but there is also a growing number of discrimination lawsuits against waterparks who won't offer them to quilled mammals such as porcupines and hedgehogs.

And children have a history of playing nicely and cruelly with each other all the time, regardless of species.

xXEagleboyXx wrote:Just when was Cat born, anyways? I know she's 19 and all, but you gotta have a Birth-Date for her!!

June 30th, 1987. Or was it 86? 89? 96? Maybe it was June 27th? Cat keeps getting those numbers mixed up. When she was a kitten, her Mom would help her know when her birthday was by hanging balloons and streamers on her bedroom door.

Mr. Cardinal wrote:Please tell me everything about skunks in the FE world

The culture of Skunks is complex, but here's the basics:

The official species name is Polecats, but the western European nickname 'Skunks' was created due to their scent, caught on in popularity and is now the most common term in and out of the species. Skunks ancestors have a wide variety of unique markings, but all feature the same black and white coloring. Most ancestors lived in solidary communities, with a strong culture of excluding themselves from other species. Records confirm this by showing they were one of the last known mammals to begin interbreeding with other species.

While most well-known for their scent, Skunks will rarely use it-it's meant as a defense mechanism, only to be used as a last resort when their life is in danger. However, younger skunks sometimes have a harder time controlling their spray. As more skunks begin living in interspecies communities, this behavior can lead to the young skunks being subject to bullying, social isolation, and feeling shame about their heritage.

The western media also often portrays a skunk's spray as a comical gag or negative trait. A growing trend among new generations of young skunks is having their scent glands surgically removed. This trend is a heated debate in Skunk families, who argue perserving heritage and means of defense vs. finding acceptance in the interspecies world.

The J.A.M. wrote:Is nudity taboo everywhere in general, or only in the local region they're in?

There's some nudist beaches and colonies in the world, but most modern furs find such communities uncomfortable and inappropriate.

artguy wrote:what are the most common species in each regon of the world as you noted the meddle east is full of lizards and birds so would russia have bears and other winter mammals?

There's a variety of species in all parts of the world, but the environment plays a key role-different species thrive in different climates. Reptiles seem to thrive better closer to the equator in hotter climates, large populations of bears and other mammals can be found in colder climates. There also seems to be a lot of penguins in the southern hemisphere of the globe.

The J.A.M. wrote:IRL, if a horse, donkey, mule, or zebra should break a leg, it has to be euthanized immediately because it's practically impossible to set the bone right again and have it heal properly while keeping it free from infection (a friend who owns horses says that very few blood vessels reach the leg bones, and with there being practically no fatty tissue or muscles in some parts of the legs, a fracture almost always gets exposed, and infection immediately sets in).

Do equines in the FE universe have similar problems with fractured arms and legs?

In ancient times, you would've been right-archeological evidence shows an equine breaking their leg or arm was a serious injury they would never recover from, and most likely be the cause of their death. Some scholars argue Equines were the first to invent armor for this very reason.

In today's word, the equine skeleton and tissues have evolved to a point where breaking a limb is still a serious injury, but not a death sentence. Generations of doctors have also developed medication, surguries and physical therapies to help patients recover to full health.

The J.A.M. wrote:Do amphibians have problems keeping their skin moist and their clothes dry at the same time?

Not with Silk Salamander! This body lotion adds to and locks in your skin's much-needed moisture while preventing embarrassing stains on your clothes. A well kept secret among celebrities for years, now available for the public!

(Silk Salamander is not responsible for medical complications which may occur from improper use, please consultant your physician before using. Silk Salamander is not a substitue for staying hydrated. If you feel itching, burning, or soreness after using Silk Salamander, stop application and consult your physician.)

Mr Ed wrote:I predict the return of the polyester leisure suit! :-) Doesn't breathe worth beans so it can hold the moisture for the amphibians' skin, and the use of light colors in the summer will reduce overheating due to sunlight. :-)

Many yearbooks from the 1970s feature amphibians wearing such suits. But their children would rather risk medical complications from body lotions than dress like their parents did.

Latrans wrote:Was Leisure Suit Larry a lizard?

Yes. An Iguana

artguy wrote:can bats hang upsidedown from there feet, and if so, does it make pull ups easier?

Only if they're into body weight exercises, and no-pull ups are hard no matter how you try to do them.

artguy wrote:do reptiles have feathers for hair or just birds, and are reptiles more heavy dressed than others or not?

Older species of reptiles and birds show they may and been more closely related and shared such features, but modern reptiles do not have feathers. A reptile will determine how to dress under the same circumstances as any other species-where they live, what the weather's like outside, and their own personal taste.

Pikachao wrote:With regards to last names, are all people named after their species (Doe, Feline, etc) or is it more varied and the people named after their species are like people named Smith or Baker where their last name was their ancestors unique thing in their community?

Latrans is right-I enjoy finding names associated with a character's species and try to avoid more common last names like 'Baker' and 'Smith.' However, if I needed to create an official answer for this question:

The oldest family names can be traced back to variations of species names, and nearly all of today's family names have similiar origins. However, the rise of the middle class also brought a rise in new family names associated with their professions.
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  The J.A.M. Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:05 pm

Thanks for the responses!
The J.A.M.
The J.A.M.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next