Random FE Universe Questions!

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Random FE Universe Questions!

Post  The J.A.M. on Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:46 am

Woot!!!!

I think that's maybe the third or fourth time I've influenced a comic strip Very Happy

So she doesn't draw the fur pattern at all?

Last edited by The J.A.M. on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
The J.A.M.

View user profile https://www.fanfiction.net/~thejamakanumbuhi

Back to top Go down

Post  artguy on Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:41 pm

so im just wondering what would furrys be in FE, humans?

and what would Dnd or pathfinder or tabletop RPG be like in FE, would there still be elves and orks (or orks with a "C")?
artguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed on Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:18 pm

It just seems sooo appropriate that "Green Headlight" is a deer!Rolling Eyes Laughing 

Mr Ed

View user profile http://Iron-Ed.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:27 am

I will admit to hacing chuckled at that. Very Happy

In unrelated news, my lappy's power cord died so I'm relegated to my phone for a couple days. Do please excuse my scarceness.
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  artguy on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:04 am

are pack animals more like like to start gangs and is adoption or foster care work alittle harder to do with the many differant furrys out their?
artguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:08 pm

Art type question!

We know there are nude figure drawing classes. However, fur can cover a LOT of detail. Just picture the difference between a hairless cat and a normal one. Are there models who are expected to shave to display that detail?

In a semi-related thought tangent, I should imagine that fashion models within FE would make use of fur trimming to help change their apparent shape (a little thicker here, a little thinner there).
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The J.A.M. on Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:26 am

Consequently, how does Kat feel about drawing female models?
The J.A.M.

Back to top Go down

Post  artguy on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:58 pm

The J.A.M. wrote:Consequently, how does Kat feel about drawing female models?
i think its the same as man give her background and personally
artguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:51 pm

Mr. Cardinal wrote:Are young bucks subject to lots of "getting horny?" jokes when they first begin to grow horns? Does that mean the same thing to deer as it does to us? It is considered sensual for a doe to stroke a stag's antlers? Are bucks with larger horns considered more "masculine?"

Do the different species need special kinds of pants, dresses, and undergarments to fit their tails through? What about hats and ears?
'Horny' jokes do exist, but for the most part they come from immature bucks who don't know how to handle their peers showing signs of pueberty. The theme of sexual prowess and large antlers/horns can be found everywhere in the American media, but studies show the two are not physically related. Culturally, however, a doe touching a buck's antlers is considered a gesture of romantic intimacy.

The J.A.M. wrote:Did the mammoth, the baluchitherium, and the smilodon exist in this universe?
Yes! Archeologists find remains of these ancestor species in various parts of the world. But very little is known about their culture and beliefs.

artguy wrote:are pack animals more like like to start gangs and is adoption or foster care work alittle harder to do with the many differant furrys out their?
The idea that all gangs consist of pack animals, or that pack animals are more prone to start gangs, is a stereotype. (Technically, the term 'pack animal' is also not politically correct.) The process for adoptions and foster care are long, difficult processes-but not due to the variety of species. Rather, it's due to the legal processes and extenstive background checks for all parties involved.

Latrans wrote:Are there models who are expected to shave to display that detail?
Shorter fur is usually preferred, but some advanced classes do study how fur can hang off the body structure. Basically, it depends on what the professor is planning for class.

The J.A.M. wrote:So she doesn't draw the fur pattern at all?
Consequently, how does Kat feel about drawing female models?
Cat usually starts with studying the body structure, leaving the markings for last if there's time. Cat's class hasn't drawn a female model yet, but over time she has been building coping skills for staying focused on studying techniques and lessons during the course.
Ellen-Natalie

View user profile http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo(Auz) on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:20 am

I have a question.
I apologize if it's been answered somewhere before. Neutral 

When I read the comic about Cat eating the bucket of ice cream, it got me thinking. Ice cream is usually made from dairy products (like milk and cream), so is the FE ice cream made of something else? Or do they still use milk and stuff to make it?
Because it would be kinda awkward to try and milk a cow-person...
Banjo(Auz)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:16 am

Banjo(Auz) wrote:When I read the comic about Cat eating the bucket of ice cream, it got me thinking. Ice cream is usually made from dairy products (like milk and cream), so is the FE ice cream made of something else? Or do they still use milk and stuff to make it?
Because it would be kinda awkward to try and milk a cow-person...
Dairy products do come from animal milk, typically from cows. (Though goats and yaks have been known to pump and process their milk, as well.) Just as wool comes from sheep shearing themselves and decortive feathers come from Avians. The ability for a species to cultivate their natural byproducts into usable resources are considered traditional crafts. The practice of different species trading these resources with each other is believed by many the beginning of civilization.

Nowadays some people in modern societies find the use of animal products gross or unnecessary, since synthetic alternatives are available. There has been concern about the culture of self reliance and traditional crafts dying out with the rise of synthentic alternatives, but there are still many historical enthusiasts working to keep these traditions alive through festivals, museums and research.
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  The J.A.M. on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:29 am

So do male elephants make carvings from their tusks? Were they hunted for their tusks?

Were rhinoceroses and tigers hunted down because they thought some of their body parts were aphrodisiacs?

The J.A.M.

Back to top Go down

Post  artguy on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:13 am

is there antho bugs and/or spiders in FE, and/or slime things?

is there hybreds of differnt furs in FE like wolfbats or bearducks in FE?

and are can birds and/or flying mammals like bats, can fly to work or school or not really
artguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:09 am

The J.A.M. wrote:So do male elephants make carvings from their tusks? Were they hunted for their tusks?

Were rhinoceroses and tigers hunted down because they thought some of their body parts were aphrodisiacs?

There are traditions in some older tribes to harvest the ivory, horns, or pelts of a deceased family members, using them to decorate their graves. There is sadly also a tradition of grave poachers stealing these momentos and selling them on the black market. Over time, tribes have worked to make their gravesites more difficult to find, which has caused some poachers to escalate to attacking and killing tribe members for these items. Between both their dead and living being hunted, several rare and unique tribes are disappearing. There are organizations working to protect these tribes and prevent their extinction, but poachers are still as abundant as ever-and there's no simple solution.

artguy wrote:is there antho bugs and/or spiders in FE, and/or slime things?

is there hybreds of differnt furs in FE like wolfbats or bearducks in FE?

and are can birds and/or flying mammals like bats, can fly to work or school or not really
No civilizations of insects or arachnids have been found, but they're popular creatures in books and movies.

Time and study has shown interspecies relationships can produce offspring, and the child will have DNA of both species. However, usually one species is dominant and can be easily seen through physical traits, while the other is recessive and not immediately apparent. Having both species showing physical traits is extremely rare.

Anthropological studies show that the ancestors of avians and bats may have had flying capabilities, due to their skeletal structure. Nowadays, through evolution and interbreeding with other mammalian species, that structure has changed, making flight impossible. However, being able to fly is a popular ability in fictitious movies and books.
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  artguy on Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:29 pm

are bats and/or birds hard to draw in modeling class like their just for the finals or avtd. art courses?

is there a lot of bat sound engineers or DJs or not?

artguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:40 pm

artguy wrote:are bats and/or birds hard to draw in modeling class like their just for the finals or avtd. art courses?
No more so that any other species. Whether or not such models would be included in a class is up to the professor running it.

artguy wrote:is there a lot of bat sound engineers or DJs or not?
Bats are known to have excellent hearing, but in today's world they pursue their passions like anyone else, which may or may not be hearing-related.
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:03 am

So today's strip made me think of something. I spotted a background character and began to wonder...

Can pigs grow much (if any) headfur? Of the ones we've seen so far, only two (Dawns first boss, random classmate) had any (hairpieces maybe?).

Edit: Cancel all that. Found another. The photo presented by Ronnie's father has another pig with headfur in it. At this point I'm going with "Yes, they can, but going clean-shaven up top is a common fashion". That or "Pigs go bald faster than other species" (assuming other species even can).

New question! Do males in FE ever go bald?
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXEagleboyXx on Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:35 am

Hey, forgive me if this is a stupid or dumb question, but just how old is Cat, anyways? I mean, she looks to be around 22 or 21, but I can't be quite sure...
xXEagleboyXx

Location : Currently in my Gummi-Ship, traveling the cosmos...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo(Auz) on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:43 am

I also have a question.

What species is the FE Jesus?
And what about Joseph Smith?
... And Nephi?
... And Moses?
Banjo(Auz)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The J.A.M. on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:54 am

Jesus may have been a ram, "The Lamb of God", or he could have been an Asian Lion.
The J.A.M.

Back to top Go down

Post  artguy on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:27 pm

was Bela Lugosi a vampire bat mainly because i would think vampires in FE would be around bat all the same

and what would ed wood jr be?

and is hollywood in FE be differant with anthros or just the same as today?
artguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The J.A.M. on Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:38 pm

Did we already ask how equines hold things with solid hooves?
The J.A.M.

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:21 pm

from page one of this thread:

Ellen-Natalie wrote:
Pikachao wrote:Here's a question I've had:  is it common for utensil or tools to have a special version for people with hooves, or do they just use mostly the same stuff as people with hands?
For the most part, hooves seem to be just as effective as hands-though gestures and mechanics can vary. Studies have shown that regardless of their origin, hoofed mammals master chopsticks much faster than any other species.
From Filler Page 26:
Ellen-Natalie wrote:
The J.A.M. wrote:So, when handling large objects, Dawn uses a "thumb", or the "palm" of her hoof?
It depends what the object is-some can be balanced easily on the heel, other times the dewclaws can move slightly to get a better grip. (Though that's usually a practice reserved for holding something flat or flimsy, like sheets of paper.)
I really gotta draw diagrams of this sometime.~
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The J.A.M. on Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:24 am

The issue now, though, is that we were first dealing with species with SPLIT hooves, i.e., technically, they had at least 2 "fingers".

We are now seeing a species that only has 1 physical "finger" (the hoof is the equivalent of the fingernail).

In MLP:FiM, sometimes we see ponies grab items by wrapping the hoof around it and pressing against the foreleg. For a human, the equivalent would be grabbing something by pressing the fingers AND the palm of your hand against the top of your forearm, which isn't possible, because the wrist bones don't bend that far.

What is the solution for single-hoofed species here?
The J.A.M.

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:21 pm

mechanics can vary.
If I had to guess, I would say they use a manuver similar to us grasping something between our middle finger and palm.
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum