Furry Experience - Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I got a virus on here?

3 posters

Go down

I got a virus on here? Empty I got a virus on here?

Post  JRose Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:23 am

I went to someone's profile on here and they had a video, but the video won't play because it needed a plug in. Went to download the plug in and got a virus. My anti- virus stopped it from getting onto my PC, but I know how anti- virus software works and it sometimes miss judges programs and other files. This is just a heads up on what I found.

Here is what I am using.
Browser : Google Chrome
Anti- Virus: Avast (Free version)

JRose

Back to top Go down

I got a virus on here? Empty Re: I got a virus on here?

Post  blackgnosis Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:25 am

JRose wrote:I went to someone's profile on here and they had a video, but the video won't play because it needed a plug in. Went to download the plug in and got a virus. My anti- virus stopped it from getting onto my PC, but I know how anti- virus software works and it sometimes miss judges programs and other files. This is just a heads up on what I found.

Here is what I am using.
Browser : Google Chrome
Anti- Virus: Avast (Free version)

....So... You wont give up the name as that would warn us[which saves them face at least <3].... you're using a well known and easily written against freebie AV like its worth any salt these days cause almost anything current is written to avoid it [I'm having that same issue with norton now that I'm testing other AV's to take its place] and your on a hipster bug ridden browser thats only claim to fame is its coming from a company whos stocks are raising in value faster per day then the price per barrel of gas in the last 50 years and have no direction for its company whatsoever... [AKA unless some one at google gets bored or some developers decide to pickup chrome, its gonna stay questionably buggy, I give it another 3 months before a more stable and safer version is out thanks to chromes handy dandy spyware]. I'll start a thread on computer lovings....

blackgnosis
blackgnosis

Back to top Go down

I got a virus on here? Empty AV

Post  Kenoscope Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:47 am

No need to snap at the poor person, though I agree that not at least listing the video is foolish. It leaves everyone else wide open to attack.

Avast is good, for what it does. Still I use Symantec Endpoint, the corporate version. As to browser, Firefox and OS, sadly I haven't learned LYNIX and even if I did they do not support Wordperfect 12 or Eudora, so I'm stuck with XP-Pro.

I agree with you about Billy-Joe-Bob-Gates little Empire in full.

Kenoscope

Back to top Go down

I got a virus on here? Empty Re: I got a virus on here?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum