Should there be a Furry Experience Subreddit?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should there be a Furry Experience Subreddit?

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:35 pm

I've slowly been getting better at learning how to manage and operate Reddit. (Though it took an embarrassingly long time to figure out you had to press 'submit a link' when you just wanted to submit text. ) Always on the lookout for different ways to promote FE, I've been debating lately whether or not it would be worth having a Furry Experience subreddit.

The pros include: Reddit is widely-used, opening up the chance for more readers to discover FE. Fans can interact with each other more, contribute their own debates, theories, and fanart (or memes like that hilarious Brian one awhile back-where did that go?) and it could be a central location on the internet to learn about the latest FE news-be it website updates, livestreams, and (hopefully in the distant future) convention locations. Plus, the online culture of reddit could encourage learning additional news in the furry fandom.

The cons include: That's kind of already what the forum, Facebook page, DA and FA accounts are created to accomplish. Is it really worth adding the responsibility of making and maintaining another online account to accomplish the same thing?

The pros rebuttal: There's several people who use Reddit who don't come to the forum, Facebook, or other social networking sites. Having those same resources available on the website they do use gives them convenient access to the information others are following on other sites. Plus, the subreddit may encourage memberships to the forum or followers on Facebook.

The cons rebuttal: And what about the awesome readers who follow everything-the forum, Facebook, etc.? Wouldn't it be annoying as they checked through these websites to receive the same information over and over?

The pros response: It won't always be the same. For example, DA and FA feature different artwork alongside FE pages that aren't usually shown on Facebook. The discussions between fans on the Facebook and the forum vary greatly.

The cons: But what about-

The pros: Well then-

The con: And the-

The pros: Is that really-

Me: AAAUUUGH!

So I'm thinking it's time to bring other opinions into this debate. You guys are awesome fans, would you want a subreddit for FE stuff? Do you think it would be a good way to promote the comic? Or do you enjoy what FE already has more?

Thanks for your feedback!
Ellen-Natalie

View user profile http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Should there be a Furry Experience Subreddit?

Post  Latrans on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:20 pm

I'm afraid I'm not really a redditor so my answer is going to be a bit biased against it.

Personally, I only use the forums and FA and they're more than plenty for me. Speaking of FA, you might want to post this as a journal over there as well to increase your response base.

However, if you're looking to increase readership, have you looked into putting some FE ads on some other web comics? I'm not sure what it would cost, but maybe you could work out some kind of link swap.
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:40 am

Hi! Just thought I'd weigh in so you'd at least have some responses for your questions. :-) Unfortunately, my response is that I've never used Reddit! :-) I don't use -any- Internet social sites.:-)

Mr Ed

View user profile http://Iron-Ed.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:23 am

Thanks for your feedback! And that's a good idea, Latrans-I do have a Project Wonderful account. Right now it's only used for ads on the FE website, but I can look into advertising on other comics with it, as well!
Ellen-Natalie

View user profile http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Teric on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:27 pm

I don't use Reddit either--never felt the need for it.

Teric

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LeonMcBane on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:53 pm

I have a confession to make: I'm on Reddit all the time. If you ever need someone to maintain the subreddit or make it a little more known, I would be happy to help.
LeonMcBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Razmoudah on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:35 pm

I also don't use Reddit, but since most of the posts I took a look at are the same odds are good that you'd get an increase in reader base, so despite the fact that I wouldn't benefit from it I actually have to vote in favor of it.

Razmoudah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum