FE Page 222

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FE Page 222

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:40 pm

You'll always find recruiters like this at a job fair around here.
Ellen-Natalie

View user profile http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Re: FE Page 222

Post  Latrans on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:17 am

Ugh... I hate commission based work. The only time I seriously considered that particular job type was when I was literally out of options (all I had at the time was donating plasma to keep me fed, gas in my bike and a roof over my head). That's not to say there isn't a living to be made, but it takes a very specific personality type that I just don't have.

On a lighter note, Note the Gulp-N-Go booth. What do you suppose the chances of him running into Ronnie are? As humorous as it would be, it's probably pretty slim. They generally have management level do that stuff, not the peons. Still, I would get a kick out of seeing more of Ronnie's slightly disheveled shift supervisor. Razz
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kanna172003 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:43 am

That doe in the first panel looks pretty interesting. Wouldn't it be funny if he got a job at Gulp and Go and met Ronnie and learned about Cat's upbringing from her?
kanna172003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LeonMcBane on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:48 am

reminded me of last year when I tried out selling Cutco. 4 days of training later, I saw into the ponsi scheme and got me the heck outta Dodge. Too bad that the (weasel?) in this panel had to live up to his stigma.
LeonMcBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:57 am

Kanna, I think that's a giraffe. Wink But I agree. She caught my eye as well.
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The J.A.M. on Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:24 am

I tried sales several times, even with friends from church helping me out.

Sadly, I can't sell a cold soda to a man dying of thirst in the desert....
The J.A.M.

View user profile https://www.fanfiction.net/~thejamakanumbuhi

Back to top Go down

It's too bad

Post  kanna172003 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:32 pm

If I was fairly decent at using Flash and animating, I'd offer to make mini Flash animations of these comics. Alas, I suck at Flash.
kanna172003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Teric on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:55 pm

GRRRRRRR I don't know what it is about sales positions, but they just feel SO wrong to me. Maybe it's because I don't like selling things in the first place, but GEEZ! This guy can't truly think that selling security systems is like missionary work...

Teric

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:57 pm

Yikes, that job sounds like a con at the worker's expense--and it looks like Hunter's picked up on that as well, thankfully. As for the Gulp-N-Go stand... Y'know, Ronnie DID say the pay was good, even though she hates her job there (and with good reason). Since Hunter's not a fitness major, as far as I know, perhaps it wouldn't bother him as much; maybe he should check it out.
Cutekitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed on Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:40 pm

Smart move, Hunter!

...and I think the monkey at Gulp 'n' Go is funny. :-)

Mr Ed

View user profile http://Iron-Ed.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

I have a weird question

Post  kanna172003 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:49 pm

If, in a case like Hunter and Cat, two different species get married, HOW would they have kids? I just found it odd that a dog would be interested in a cat.
kanna172003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:03 pm

The most popular theory that I've run across is that genetically, they're compatible, and while the offspring may share traits of both parents such as fur color or body build, they're definitively (if not randomly) one parent species or the other. Basically, if Hunter and Cat were to have kids, they'd likely have a 50/50 mix of pups and kittens, but not pup/kitten mixes.
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kanna172003 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:10 pm

Latrans wrote:The most popular theory that I've run across is that genetically, they're compatible, and while the offspring may share traits of both parents such as fur color or body build, they're definitively (if not randomly) one parent species or the other. Basically, if Hunter and Cat were to have kids, they'd likely have a 50/50 mix of pups and kittens, but not pup/kitten mixes.

So if say, a cat and a dog had kids, then half of them may be kittens and half puppies and if say, one of the cat offspring married a rabbit, the kids will mostly be bunnies and kittens with the chance of a puppy offspring due to the dog genes?
kanna172003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:49 pm

kanna172003 wrote:
Latrans wrote:The most popular theory that I've run across is that genetically, they're compatible, and while the offspring may share traits of both parents such as fur color or body build, they're definitively (if not randomly) one parent species or the other. Basically, if Hunter and Cat were to have kids, they'd likely have a 50/50 mix of pups and kittens, but not pup/kitten mixes.

So if say, a cat and a dog had kids, then half of them may be kittens and half puppies and if say, one of the cat offspring married a rabbit, the kids will mostly be bunnies and kittens with the chance of a puppy offspring due to the dog genes?

Actually, in Vinci & Arty, they explored that possibility-though both of Vinci's parents are chihuahuas, they each had a recessive raccoon gene-making him a raccoon.
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  oneuglybunny on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:31 am

I'm sorry, folks, but that's Hollywood Genetics; alleles don't work like that. Mendel is spinning in his grave. Vinci can be an adoptee, plain and simple.

"Giraffe?" Nay, not enough neck, and too small. Okapi, I'm thinking. Smile

The Gulp-N-Go job might be menial, but it's a starting point, useful in developing a work history.
oneuglybunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:06 am

oneuglybunny wrote:"Giraffe?" Nay, not enough neck, and too small. Okapi, I'm thinking. Smile

Maybe it's genetically stunted Wink
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  kanna172003 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:30 pm

oneuglybunny wrote:I'm sorry, folks, but that's Hollywood Genetics; alleles don't work like that. Mendel is spinning in his grave. Vinci can be an adoptee, plain and simple.

"Giraffe?" Nay, not enough neck, and too small. Okapi, I'm thinking. Smile

The Gulp-N-Go job might be menial, but it's a starting point, useful in developing a work history.

It doesn't have to follow all the real life rules. In real life, cats, rabbits, and deer do not walk on two legs and go to college, deer do not need to borrow pencils, cats cannot draw, and rabbits do not work in fast food restaurants so it doesn't really matter if genetics don't really work like that.
kanna172003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  oneuglybunny on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:06 am

It doesn't have to follow all the real life rules.
Ah, then that makes this a case of Art Major Biology instead. Smile
Here's a possibility: the citizens of the FE universe are pleomorphic. They can assume features from various species on a mix-and-match basis. This ability is most potent during youth, and becomes much less adjustable during adulthood. This would account for the short-neck giraffe, as she liked the giraffe model as a whole, but excepted the elongated neck. It would also account for Ronnie having a generally lapine physique, but with forward-facing eyes and a feline nose. Amber Williams plays with pleomorphism among her cubi-class characters in Dan And Mab's Furry Adventures.

So, there's really only one sentient species in the Furry Experience universe, where physical traits aren't genetic, they're elective.
oneuglybunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Teric on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:24 am

An interesting observation, Bunny. I'm curious to see Ellen's actual take on this issue. Personally, I think it's simply a question of artistic license; Ellen decided to draw a giraffe with a shorter neck simply because it was more aesthetically pleasing. (Incidentally, I do think that giraffe is lovely.)

Teric

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:27 pm

Here you go, Mr. Bunny. Razz
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LeonMcBane on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:07 am

Latrans wrote:Here you go, Mr. Bunny. Razz

You wouldn't believe the chuckle I got out of this one.
LeonMcBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Teric on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:14 am

Oh no! Not the cat girls!!

Teric

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:04 pm

Heeeeerrrree kittykittykittykitty!!! cat

Mr Ed

View user profile http://Iron-Ed.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  oneuglybunny on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:12 am

Thank you, Latrans, I LOL'd. Laughing However, I'm still going to defend principles of physics and biology, because Furry Experience was founded as a slice of life comic. Defenestrating practical science would push FE into the fantasy realm. I believe the "furry" element is used as a way to make the characters anonymous and generic, rather than to create a kind of Fantastic Racism. Smile

Also, I'm actually okay with the "God kills a cat girl" consequence. Because I know why nekomimi were developed in the first place. Evil or Very Mad
oneuglybunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:19 pm

I'm going to both disagree and agree with you. Yes, FE is a slice-of-life comic, but it's also played for laughs. Some examples being The Zoo, The Pet Store, and Conference Potluck Breakfast. Basically, Ms. Natalie has hung a lampshade on issues presented by anthropomorphism and asked us, the readers, to remember the MST3K Mantra.
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum