FE Page 207

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FE Page 207

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Sun May 27, 2012 11:51 pm

Finally, an arc about Hunter. (Little known fact: Hunter is my husband's favorite character so far.)
Ellen-Natalie

View user profile http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Re: FE Page 207

Post  LeonMcBane on Sun May 27, 2012 11:59 pm

Ellen! It looks like your art style is changing. Not bad, It looks very smooth now.
LeonMcBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Slim Shadow on Mon May 28, 2012 12:18 am

Indeed. Love the shading that you added. You made hunter about 20% sexier.

*shot*
Slim Shadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Yay!!

Post  kanna172003 on Mon May 28, 2012 12:56 am

We get to hear some more about Hunter! You did Brian and Vickie so it'll be nice to get some more background on Hunter too. Um, this may seem rude, but Ronnie wouldn't be gay would she? Before you get offended, hear me out. One, in the arc where she and Cat switched places, she was uncomfortable looking at Hunter naked. This is Ronnie we are talking about, the girl who jogs in skimpy clothes just to be "hooted at". Two, most of the extra characters that have gotten an arc dedicated to them have been potential love interests of the main 3 characters. Brian and Dawn, Hunter and Cat. We also had Vickie and Ronnie. Now please don't get mad at me, I'm just asking a question. I'm not meaning any offense at all O^O
kanna172003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The J.A.M. on Mon May 28, 2012 1:05 am

I wonder how much he gets paid for that...
The J.A.M.

View user profile https://www.fanfiction.net/~thejamakanumbuhi

Back to top Go down

Post  EddieFox on Mon May 28, 2012 1:06 am

i didn't know that was hunter thought it was but then again thought maybe you brought in another new chary. It's been to long maybe I should re read the comic.
EddieFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Mon May 28, 2012 9:00 am

kanna172003 wrote: Um, this may seem rude, but Ronnie wouldn't be gay would she? Before you get offended, hear me out. One, in the arc where she and Cat switched places, she was uncomfortable looking at Hunter naked. This is Ronnie we are talking about, the girl who jogs in skimpy clothes just to be "hooted at". Two, most of the extra characters that have gotten an arc dedicated to them have been potential love interests of the main 3 characters. Brian and Dawn, Hunter and Cat. We also had Vickie and Ronnie. Now please don't get mad at me, I'm just asking a question. I'm not meaning any offense at all O^O

Of course I'm not offended! ^^ Several readers have asked the same question after the last arc. To avoid spoilers in the forum, I sent you a PM~
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty on Mon May 28, 2012 9:50 am

Hunter! 8D It's been a while since we've seen this guy... Learning more about him should be quite entertaining.

And hey, shading! I think that's the first time I've seen that in your comic. I like it. Smile
Cutekitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Mon May 28, 2012 11:00 am

I've got to agree with the others, the cell shading definitely gives a better look to the comic. You're also not going overboard with it. It's very simple shading which works well for someone starting out with a new technique.

And a Hunter arc! I didn't see that one coming. Very Happy

Some quick responses to previous posters as well. Ms. Kanna: I don't think you have to worry about offending us. I've got a couple theories on Ronnie, most of which I haven't posted on the forums for fear of being right and spoiling it for others. Also because I don't want them confirmed and spoiled for myself. Razz What I can say is that I suspect she's straight, as evidenced by what small flashes of her past we've had. I also suspect she wears more revealing clothes because she enjoys feeling attractive, but not as an actual attempt to attract anyone.

Mr. Fox: Post moar! I haven't seen you in a while! Razz
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed on Mon May 28, 2012 6:12 pm

Your -ego- knew, Hunter! :-) :-) :-)

Mr Ed

View user profile http://Iron-Ed.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Ed on Wed May 30, 2012 6:07 pm

Now that I've re-read this strip again (...and again...and again...) I've realized that
until I got to the end the first time through I had thought we were hearing -Cat's- thoughts! Laughing

p.s. Ellen-Natalie... Hunter is also one of my favorite characters...
right along with Dawn, Cat, Ronnie, Vikki, Brian, Jane... ... ...
Rolling Eyes

Mr Ed

View user profile http://Iron-Ed.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EddieFox on Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:30 pm

BTW I noticed something wrong with this page...Cat is not flustered like in the first appearance of Hunter
EddieFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kanna172003 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:45 pm

EddieFox wrote:BTW I noticed something wrong with this page...Cat is not flustered like in the first appearance of Hunter

Well, She's probably gotten used to it by now. I guess it's easier to draw a naked guy than to get asked out on a date. Besides, she has to do it because she can't afford anymore bad grades if she wants her parents to continue paying for college.
kanna172003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 pm

yeah, you get used to it after a while. After you stop seeing 'OMG naked guy!' and start seeing 'object to be studied and copied onto paper' it's pretty easy to ignore all the social mores dealing with being clothed in public.
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  oneuglybunny on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:02 pm

For what it's worth, I actually miss the side-to-side gradient coloring technique that NMK formerly used to color her characters. Not quite a light-and-shadow effect, but a close approximation. It certainly gave Furry Experience a uniqueness among web comics. And it was always fun to see a trailer of blue in someone's smile. Laughing
oneuglybunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EddieFox on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:03 am

kanna172003 wrote:
EddieFox wrote:BTW I noticed something wrong with this page...Cat is not flustered like in the first appearance of Hunter

Well, She's probably gotten used to it by now. I guess it's easier to draw a naked guy than to get asked out on a date. Besides, she has to do it because she can't afford anymore bad grades if she wants her parents to continue paying for college.
Hmm maybe i'm a bit mistaken I Thought the page was from when he first came. went and checked yeah the page is refering to his first time there meaning that was the time when Cat first seen him all naked.
EddieFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I don't think so

Post  kanna172003 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:46 am

EddieFox wrote:
kanna172003 wrote:

Hmm maybe i'm a bit mistaken I Thought the page was from when he first came. went and checked yeah the page is refering to his first time there meaning that was the time when Cat first seen him all naked.

It's obviously not from his first day because that day the students drew him standing up. Cat drew him with a fig leaf. On this page, he is in a completely different pose. He was considering the first day he was there but this page is not a flashback. Besides, she was wearing a purple shirt that day, not a black and white one.
kanna172003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EddieFox on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:52 am

hmmm just feels weird considering he says its his first day here and yet it doesn't match up to Page 103 which is cat's first day in class

The reason being is Hunter in page 207 says that this is his first day.
On Page 103 it Is Cat's First day in the class. Yet Hunter is on that page. And the way we know its Cat's first day is from the previous few pages where she says she's just accepted and during page 103 she is wondering why the teacher doesn't often accept 1st years into her class.
So in a way Hunter's Pose and Cat's blank stare at him and the canvas doesn't match up. Cause they are the same day.
Oh and Hunter's Clothes Shown on both 207 and 104-5 are both purple with black lining.
EddieFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Well

Post  kanna172003 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:22 am

EddieFox wrote:hmmm just feels weird considering he says its his first day here and yet it doesn't match up to Page 103 which is cat's first day in class

On Page 103 it Is Cat's First day in the class. Yet Hunter is on that page. And the way we know its Cat's first day is from the previous few pages where she says she's just accepted and during page 103 she is wondering why the teacher doesn't often accept 1st years into her class.
So in a way Hunter's Pose and Cat's blank stare at him and the canvas doesn't match up. Cause they are the same day.
Oh and Hunter's Clothes Shown on both 207 and 104-5 are both purple with black lining.

Perhaps Ellen can answer the question about whether this is Hunter's first day? Also, if it was his first day, then why on the lastest page does the dog girl remark that he's been doing it for a few months? That girl has obviously shown Hunter her work before since he commented that her drawing skills were getting better. So it cannot be his first day.
kanna172003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EddieFox on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:30 pm

its his first day there. She may have heard about him from other friends or off of a tv show that talks about upcoming models.
EddieFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:46 pm

EddieFox wrote:its his first day there. She may have heard about him from other friends or off of a tv show that talks about upcoming models.

No, he does not say that it's his first day there. He says, "It's strange how relaxed I feel... especially considering my first day here." There's no "it's" in there. He's thinking of how his current state of relaxation seems odd (as in unexpected) to him, something he wouldn't have predicted or felt during his first day at the job. Basically, he thinks it's strange how relaxed he's grown with modeling for drawing classes since that first day.
Cutekitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  oneuglybunny on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:11 pm

Thank you so much, Cutekitty. Couldn't have explained it better myself. Hunter has noticed how much more comfortable he has become with art modeling in comparison with his earliest days. Run any drill long enough, and people become "comfortably numb" to the downsides. Surprised
oneuglybunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:01 pm

kanna172003 wrote:
EddieFox wrote:hmmm just feels weird considering he says its his first day here and yet it doesn't match up to Page 103 which is cat's first day in class

Perhaps Ellen can answer the question about whether this is Hunter's first day? Also, if it was his first day, then why on the lastest page does the dog girl remark that he's been doing it for a few months? That girl has obviously shown Hunter her work before since he commented that her drawing skills were getting better. So it cannot be his first day.

Page 207 is not Hunter's first day, nor Cat's. Hunter is simply thinking back on his first day while posing for a class in the present, and Cat focused on her work. Time to do better work on script writing ^^;
Ellen-Natalie

Back to top Go down

Post  EddieFox on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Ellen-Natalie wrote:
kanna172003 wrote:

Page 207 is not Hunter's first day, nor Cat's. Hunter is simply thinking back on his first day while posing for a class in the present, and Cat focused on her work. Time to do better work on script writing ^^;
Ah thanks for clearing it up just the way it was worded make me think that this day was his first. Well it was a fun Debate You win this one MissKitty.
EddieFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LeonMcBane on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:54 pm

looking forward to the next part
LeonMcBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content