Proposal for subforums

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Proposal for subforums

Post  blackgnosis on Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:54 am

This thread was made to propose subforums to help expand the forum of FE.

Just to get it started....

I think a Character Info subforum with topic creation locked so only Ellen/global mods can do it.[we can still post in it]
Also I propose a Off-topic Subforum for non FE Related stuff....show us a pine tree you like or rant about stuff, even share recipes for yummy stuffs!
blackgnosis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Proposal for subforums

Post  Latrans on Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:35 am

A General Chat section would be nice, I agree. I'm a bit skeptical on the character section though. Isn't that what the character profiles on the comic site are for? Or the comic discussion board?

I might suggest combining the Comic News and Forum News into a single News section though.

Just my two cents.
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blackgnosis on Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:18 am

Latrans wrote:A General Chat section would be nice, I agree. I'm a bit skeptical on the character section though. Isn't that what the character profiles on the comic site are for? Or the comic discussion board?

I might suggest combining the Comic News and Forum News into a single News section though.

Just my two cents.
Gives us a chance to ask to the point questions, mod can remove unnessicery stuff. plus its a resouce that can be edited with ease and not have to worry about upsetting any links or any other coding issues :3 but a character bios pages are kinda simplified for those not wanting to get too deeply involved, whereas this area would allow those more interested like you and me to get intimate details and maybe mini stories to fill things in :3

However regarding the news, I agree, sticky the immediate important stuff and unsticky when stuffs old...

Last edited by BlackGnosis on Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : woodchucks)
blackgnosis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:14 pm

I completely forgot about the 'other topics' section when talking about what to include on this forum-we'll have to get that up.

As for a character profiles section, I don't want to spoil future story arcs by giving away too much about the character's back stories. However, if you have questions about a character, feel free to ask in the 'FE Discussion' section, and I'll do my best to answer without ruining future comics.
Also, Forum News and Comic News are similar now, but as both grow they'll have different events and announcements, and I believe having their own sections will make navigation for readers easier.
Ellen-Natalie

View user profile http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Serious Table on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:11 am

BAMF.

Done.

The Forum News and Comic News will stay separate for now, though. The Forum News section is like my little section to announce changes that affect the forums and its readers more than anything to do with Furry Experience, while Furry Experience is Ellen's bulletin board of things that are changing about the comic (which I have no jurisdiction over).

At present, they may have similar topics. But as I investigate new features and make some overarching changes, you'll hear about it here first.
Serious Table

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:01 am

Do you know how hard I'm trying to not defile that pristine emptiness with 'First Post'? Laughing
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony20022 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:05 am

Latrans wrote:Do you know how hard I'm trying to not defile that pristine emptiness with 'First Post'? Laughing
lol!

On a unrelated note, does anyone think the Introductions forum might be better somewhere besides the comic discussion section? I was just wondering what you guys thought; introductions just seem like more of a forum-wide rather than comic discussion related section.
Anthony20022

View user profile http://anthony20022.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Serious Table on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:14 am

Anthony20022 wrote:
Latrans wrote:Do you know how hard I'm trying to not defile that pristine emptiness with 'First Post'? Laughing
lol!

On a unrelated note, does anyone think the Introductions forum might be better somewhere besides the comic discussion section? I was just wondering what you guys thought; introductions just seem like more of a forum-wide rather than comic discussion related section.

They've ALWAYS been in General Discussion, what are you talking about!

>_>
Serious Table

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LeonMcBane on Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:23 am

I'm posting here honestly to just have made a comment in everything. If this is bad, let me know.
LeonMcBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EddieFox on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:45 pm

GldnClaw wrote:I'm posting here honestly to just have made a comment in everything. If this is bad, let me know.
its bad...Not really.
EddieFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Slim Shadow on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:43 pm

Mehh... I done it.
Slim Shadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LeonMcBane on Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:07 am

What could we update in the forum? what do we want to see that's new?
LeonMcBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans on Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:09 am

Personally, I think the forum's pretty well set and this thread is mostly an artifact of the initial growing phase.
Latrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EddieFox on Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:21 pm

GldnClaw wrote:What could we update in the forum? what do we want to see that's new?
Idea's For Comic Sidestories!
EddieFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:42 pm

EddieFox wrote:
GldnClaw wrote:What could we update in the forum? what do we want to see that's new?
Idea's For Comic Sidestories!

Maybe not an entire subforum, but a thread with feedback on what characters people who like to learn more about in side stories would be useful information~
Ellen-Natalie

View user profile http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EddieFox on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:44 pm

Yes *goes to attempt to create the forum*

JK I wouldn't know where to start.

Last edited by EddieFox on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just cause I can)
EddieFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum