Furry Experience - Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
LeonMcBane
Latrans
oneuglybunny
kitten
8 posters

Go down

***************************** Empty *****************************

Post  Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:55 am

XXX

Last edited by Dracotharpian on Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

***************************** Empty Re: *****************************

Post  kitten Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:39 am

Welcome to the gang.Smile
kitten
kitten

Back to top Go down

Post  oneuglybunny Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:46 pm

Hello and Welcome, Dracotharpian. May I call you DT for short?

Furry Experience has an appeal to it, were it furry or otherwise. The artist / creator, Ellen Natalie, has mentioned that the early pages are largely a biograph of her college days. However, her characters began to develop, and took on definitive personalities and understandable psyche profiles. This made the characters highly adaptable into more creative and fanciful story lines.

It's sad that a small percentage of "furries" take their fanship into ugly extremes. Since such persons tend to make spectacles of themselves, they become easy targets of the news media, which casts them as indicative of the anthro fandom as a whole; a few bad apples spoil the bunch. However, as a writer and concept man, I can see how the mechanism of anthro characters would appeal to you, since this device is at least as old as Aesop. Parodies can be made without naming names or using likenesses; in Ancient Greece, openly mocking those in power was a capital offense. Likewise, unique stories can be told with anthro characters that can function outside the human mold; Star Trek aliens serve this purpose in the series.

Here's to hoping Furry Experience gives you enjoyment, inspiration and direction. Smile
oneuglybunny
oneuglybunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Latrans Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:54 pm

Welcome to the forums! We're always happy to see new people show up. Don't be afraid to post often. Very Happy

As Mr. Bunny said, the fandom is a LOT more than public media would have us believe. You'll have to remember that most outlets (especially television) are entertainment industries. Even the news. People doing normal things isn't very entertaining. Talk about how depraved someone can be, especially in the bedroom, and people will flock to see it.

To quote what I told someone else a few months ago...
Latrans wrote:I think you'll find that there's nothing in any Christian work (LDS or otherwise) that says 'thou shalt not enjoy anthropomorphic animals.' Wink
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  LeonMcBane Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:29 pm

Dracotharpian wrote:I don't want to sound mellow dramatic or anything, but when I discovered this comic it changed me for the better. For the longest time I have "struggled" with being a furry Mormon (I don't mean that to sound weird, but you know what I mean). All I could find was how messed up some people take the furry fandom, and it depressed me. But when I found this comic, and all the people involved, I couldn't help but cry for joy. Again, I'm sorry if I sound melodramatic. I just wanted to say thank you. So, on to the introduction. I am a 25 year old male originally from Oregon but am now attending BYU-Idaho with my lovely wife and our 5 month old son. I love reading, writing and I hope to someday be a filmmaker. If anyone is interested you can see my YouTube page by searching in YouTube "dracotharpian"
I love life, the lord, and everything he does for us. Thank you all for letting me be apart of this small part of the internet world!
Cheers mates!
- Dracotharpian

ps, if there are any other BYU-Idaho furries out there, give me a shout! We could meet up sometime!
As a fellow LDS fur, I'm glad to say that the same happened to me. It was really difficult until I found both this comic and the Mormon Furries group on Facebook. You don't ever have to be alone.
I'm part of this group. It should help.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/176928145749255/183897221719014/?notif_t=group_activity
LeonMcBane
LeonMcBane

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:06 pm

Heya, welcome! Yeah, this comic rocks, doesn't it? I love reading about and seeing these little slices of life; sometimes I want to laugh, sometimes I want to hug the characters, and sometimes I get so sucked in that I'm tempted to take sides in character conflicts. xD And I've enjoyed learning about Mormon culture as well; as I'm not Mormon and don't live in Utah, I knew virtually nothing about it before reading this comic.

So again, welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay. Very Happy
Cutekitty
Cutekitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Nibleswick Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:10 am

Howdy and welcome. Where in Oregon are you from? I served some of my mission in the Northeastern parts.

Nibleswick

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellen-Natalie Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:25 am

Welcome! I'm touched you enjoy the comic so much. ^^
Hopefully the forums will be great place for you as well~
Ellen-Natalie
Ellen-Natalie

http://www.furryexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:34 pm

Welcome Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Slim Shadow Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:09 am

Bienvenue to our little Zion of the internet. Have yourself a good time.
Slim Shadow
Slim Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  LeonMcBane Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:13 pm

I hope you didn't mind me friending you on your steam account and a few others.
LeonMcBane
LeonMcBane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum