Furry Experience - Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FE page 192

+2
Latrans
The J.A.M.
6 posters

Go down

FE page 192 Empty FE page 192

Post  The J.A.M. Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:10 am

FE page 192 4a5adbe8bFd92

BUSTED...
The J.A.M.
The J.A.M.

https://www.fanfiction.net/~thejamakanumbuhi

Back to top Go down

FE page 192 Empty Re: FE page 192

Post  Latrans Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:03 am

Ok, so my thought process went something like this:

Ronnie thought bubble: Oh my God it's HUMAN!!! (in the same tenor and pace as Jessica Rabbit "Oh my God, it's DIP!!!")

And then I realized... It is human. Or at least a human fan. You know... those crazy furs who like to dress up as mythical creatures without fur or tails and have those tiny little ears stuck to the sides of their heads. Yeah, those things.

Anyways, I now cast my vote for Vikki's room mates being human fans and on Mondays they have their other human fan friends over for a weekly get together. Shocked
Latrans
Latrans

Back to top Go down

Post  oneuglybunny Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:09 am

My thinking is that Vikki's roommates are studying to become officers in the LDS Church. I'm not very up on my Mormon hierarchy.

However, knowing that Ronnie has issues with the LDS Church, or some part thereof, Vikki seems to fear that Ronnie will view the flood of faithful as an attempt to "reprogram" her back into the fold. Though forcible inductions are rare, they make headlines when they occur. The ripple effect is to push the fervent believers, in the eyes of outsiders, into the zealot category.

Then again, why would the University assign a fitness major to housing meant for divinity students? Meh, it's all Wild Mass Guessing. drunken
oneuglybunny
oneuglybunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutekitty Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:38 am

First possibility that popped into my head: Vikki's living with the crazy mouse. Which I suppose is unlikely, but it's an amusing thought all the same.
Cutekitty
Cutekitty

Back to top Go down

FE page 192 Empty Yeah

Post  kanna172003 Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:19 pm

Cutekitty wrote:First possibility that popped into my head: Vikki's living with the crazy mouse. Which I suppose is unlikely, but it's an amusing thought all the same.

That was what I was thinking but she said "roomates" so it couldn't be JUST the crazy mouse.
kanna172003
kanna172003

Back to top Go down

Post  Nibleswick Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:15 am

oneuglybunny wrote:My thinking is that Vikki's roommates are studying to become officers in the LDS Church. I'm not very up on my Mormon hierarchy.

However, knowing that Ronnie has issues with the LDS Church, or some part thereof, Vikki seems to fear that Ronnie will view the flood of faithful as an attempt to "reprogram" her back into the fold. Though forcible inductions are rare, they make headlines when they occur. The ripple effect is to push the fervent believers, in the eyes of outsiders, into the zealot category.

Then again, why would the University assign a fitness major to housing meant for divinity students? Meh, it's all Wild Mass Guessing. drunken

I suspect that you might have the gist of it here. They are the kind of people that can't deal with outsiders or any even anything a little bit heterodox without an extreme reaction.

Assuming FVU is like it's real world counterpart then it doesn't have assigned housing or on campus housing at all.

Nibleswick

Back to top Go down

Post  oneuglybunny Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:00 am

I seriously doubt that Manslaughter Mouse lives there. She's Dawn's workplace nemesis, and has no direct connection to either Vikki or to Ronnie thus far.

Mild surprise that the LDS Church has an aversion to non-members. How do they attract new members? Do they expect to in-breed from their limited gene pool? Contrast this thinking with that of Muslims: one requirement of their faith is to convert an infidel to Islam. Thus, a policy of outsider exclusion is doomed to failure, while a policy of fervent inclusion spurs growth.

And Sunny Homes must be campus-run housing, as Vikki specifically stated on Page 188 that she attends FVU on a full scholarship with housing benefits. Although the university could mix students of different disciplines together, it's much more likely that they'd house students of like disciplines, so as to share common resources, and form a collective think tank. People with shared interests tend to work collectively toward a common goal. This tends to improve the university's graduate performance stats.
oneuglybunny
oneuglybunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Nibleswick Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:47 am

Well, it's not the Church as a whole, or even the majority of the membership of the Church. There are individuals who never learned appropriate of dealing with people that are in any way different from them. This is something that you'll find in many homogenous societies.

Nibleswick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down